Highlighted
ADR Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

BSM 9.26 Load Balancer configuration

Hi, 

We have two environment Main and Disaster Recovery compounded by same BSM 9.26  (EUM and baseline) distributed installation (1 GW and 1 DP), and they have a VIP in order to point the Main or DR when it is necessary. In fact , we have two Virtual IP created, one for Data Collectors and one for End User. We have followed the Installation Guide and done the next steps: 

- Enter the relevant load balancer host names in the Infrastructure Settings for the virtual servers.
        To do so, select Admin > Platform > Setup and Maintenance > Infrastructure Settings,
        choose Foundations, select Platform Administration - Host Configuration table  (Default Virtual Gateway                   Server for Application Users URL and Default Virtual Gateway Server for Data Collectors URL)

- In the Reverse Proxy Configuration pane, set the following parameters:
                  Enable Reverse Proxy parameter = true.
                  HTTP Reverse Proxy IPs

But when we try to connect with BSM using End User VIP or use Data Collectors VIP in our BPM, it doesn't work.  

Have we missed any step? 

Thanks. 

Regards. 

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: BSM 9.26 Load Balancer configuration

Having 2 different virtual names for deployments with just 1 GW server is useless, as the LB in your case is only used as a network switcher rather than true load balancer.

Anyway, did you restart BSM after making changes in the Infrastructure Settings?

0 Likes
ADR Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi,

Yes, you are right, It's useless, but I think this have a why. This was provided by network team, so , I'm not sure about this "why".

Yes, I've restarted the BSM. If there are no more step to configure it, are there any way to check if the LB is well configured?

I read about nslookup, but I'm not sure about what it should return.

Regards

0 Likes
ADR Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi, 

I figured out the problem are in the port, the loadbalancer is using the 443 and the gateway is using 80. We'd like to change the port of the gateway but we tried several option like follow the "how to change port manually" chapter in the guide and it's not running. The BSM website can't connect

Please, could you tell me the steps to change the 80 by the 443 ?

Regards

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

It's absolutely fine to have LB using port 443 and GW servers using port 80. It would mean that you do SSL offloading on the LB, i.e. traffic from BSM users and data collectors to LB uses HTTPS and traffic from LB to the GW server is plain HTTP. This is actually best practices deployment.

If this is the type of deployment you have in your environment, then double check that you not only have "Enable Reverse Proxy = true" in the BSM Infrastructure Settings, but also "HTTP Reverse Proxy IPs" setting contains IP of the LB.

0 Likes
ADR Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Dimitri, 

We have folllowed the guide, and we have the setting set with "true" and the ips.

The problem is LB is triying to talk with GW by 443, and we are not in this  port. We'd like to redirect the http traffic on 443 , in order to be aligned with the LB. I know that the best would be the change the port in the LB but it is going to take time as it belong to network team..

Attached you can see the LB configuration.

Therefore, we are tryng to change the http port by 443, but the steps are not working. Could you help us?

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.