Highlighted
Absent Member.. elmassimo Absent Member..
Absent Member..

BSM DPS Backup status failure after a minor-minor patch

Jump to solution

Hello,

My backup BSM DPS would not start after patching it (minor-minor patch 9.25->9.25.261).
The patch was installed on all Gateways and DPSs (HA) servers.
The faillure occures only for the backup DPS.
The BSM service status shows the following failures:
validator : Database connection validator : failure
validator : config server : failure
validator : hardening : failure

No further configuration was done after patching.
Is it normal to have such error after patch?

Regarding,
Elmassimo

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member..

Re: BSM DPS Backup status failure after a minor-minor patch

Jump to solution

Thanks Dmitry.

Well, the problem was due to LogOn service configuration.

I'm using window authentication to connect to the database.

After the patch, all BSM management server services has the Log On configuration to Local System Account.

I've changed this to my specific AD user for all servers but not for the DPS02 and this the root cause I think.

So after changing this service property also for the DPS02, everything was OK.

Concerning your suggestion Dmitry, the configuration wizard normally should be execued from all BSM servers or just from one of them?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

No, this is not normal at all. Please stop BSM on all servers, and try to run the Config Wizard on this problematic DP server. Then start BSM again.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks Dmitry.

Well, the problem was due to LogOn service configuration.

I'm using window authentication to connect to the database.

After the patch, all BSM management server services has the Log On configuration to Local System Account.

I've changed this to my specific AD user for all servers but not for the DPS02 and this the root cause I think.

So after changing this service property also for the DPS02, everything was OK.

Concerning your suggestion Dmitry, the configuration wizard normally should be execued from all BSM servers or just from one of them?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

In this specific case the Config Wizard was supposed to be run on the problematic server only. You run it on all servers first time you install BSM and every time when patch installation instructions tell you to do so.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.