BSM support tip: How to restart individual services in BSM when stopping the server is not possible
Sometimes there is a need to restart one or several BSM processes and a complete BSM restart is not possible. A use case would be a manual change in the heap memory or a process is failing.
In general there are two ways to restart the services
- The easiest way is through the NannyManager of the JMX console.
- Go to http://<DPS>:11021 >> Foundations >> Foundations:type=NannyManager
The direct URL for this is http://<DPS>:11021/mbean?objectname=Foundations%3Atype%3DNannyManager
- Find the method java.lang.String showServiceInfoAsHTML and hit Invoke. You should get a UI windows which allows you to stop/start/restart the processes.
- Pay attention to the text in the red square. In short – if you restart marble_supervisor all other marble processes will be restarted as well.
2. You can use this if for some reason JMX is unavailable or if the user does not have the JMX password at hand and cannot login.
- Open CMD and navigate to Go to <HPBSM>\opr\support. We need the tool opr-support-utils.bat.
- The command is pretty simple. Here is an example of restarting marble_supervisor (which again will restart all associated processes).
C:\Users\Administrator>C:\HPBSM\opr\support\opr-support-utils.bat -restart marble_supervisor
You can get the process names from the BSM status window.Pay attention that the columns are switched for HAC services.