MCusanelli Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Business Applications not showing under End User Monitors after creation

Jump to solution

I'm running APM 9.30 and every time I create a new business application and complete the wizard, nothing populates under the End User Monitors tree.  I was using the latest version of java and even tried 7u75, I'm currently using the eval license that comes with APM. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Tags (4)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.

Re: Business Applications not showing under End User Monitors after creation

Jump to solution

I ended up resolving the problem by deleting the RTSM, Management, and Profile databases and re-running the config. I dont think this would be a real solution for those that have a well established rtsm environment. But this worked for me.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

does you application have business transactions?

can you attach screenshot of the business application and its related CIs from RTSM Admin > IT Universe?

is your app monitored by BPM or RUM?

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Asaf,

I should mention that this is a fresh install. So i don't have anything in RTSM at the moment.

The application does have business transactions (if you mean the transactions i have in the script i created in vugen. And it should be monitored with a BPM.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

if the creation of the biz app completed successfully, then you will have the CI in RTSM... this is why i asked you to look there...

the view is based on CIs from RTSM. so once again, please check if the business application and its transactions were created in RTSM.

you mentioned it is new env. did you create profile DB?

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

The app wizard did complete but no CI seem to have been created. As for the profile database, yes I did create one I even created a new profile db just to see if there was something wrong with the original one I created. I searched every CI type in RTSM and nothing for what I name the application but it did find a CICollection that I manually created earlier.

One other thing I did for testing was, I created a new CI collection and it showed up under End User Monitors but after I created a new application, the CI Collection disappeared (exists in RTSM) and no application showed up.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

you should open Support case and let them investigate why no business application was created.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

I ended up resolving the problem by deleting the RTSM, Management, and Profile databases and re-running the config. I dont think this would be a real solution for those that have a well established rtsm environment. But this worked for me.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.