Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Outstanding Contributor.. yangnigon Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Can not connect to the database in APM 9.3

Jump to solution

Hello community,

I have a couple of questions in regard to database connection to APM 9.3 after the disaster recovery process "cleanup procedure" is completed and move on to configuring the new environment.

When running the APM setup and database configuration utility, I am at a point where you type hostname, port, SID, schema name, and schema password.

Since this is new environment, hostname and SID changed. I've made modification accordingly, but it gave me an error saying "can not connect to the database" with all of inputs displaying for hostname, port, SID, scheman name.

Where can I find more information about this particular issue? Does anybody run into this issue after performing cleanup procedure and runnig APM DB configuration utility?

Please let me know and thanks in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Can not connect to the database in APM 9.3

Jump to solution

As it's Oracle RAC as opposed to regular Oracle, it requires some additional config steps (well documented) prior to setting up any connection to DB. Did you perform these extra RAC-specific config steps on APM server prior to running the Config Wizard?

0 Likes
3 Replies

Jump to solution

Here is an update.

Windows 2012 Server R2 64 bit
Oracle 12c RAC Enterprise Edition 64 bit

First of all, Is APM 9.3 compatible with Oracle 12c? Based on APM 9.3 support matrix, oracle version is listed so I assume this is clearly supported. Can someone please double check this with me?

Second, according to DBA, Oracle 12c does not have SID but rather service name. If this is the case, when running APM DB utility, there is SID for oracle schema setting. What should I input there? (I tried to put SID=service name).

As stated above, I am currently running into a database connection issue after completing the cleanup procedure.

I've done some research and ran <HPBSM>\bin\getservermem.bat and it returned the value pretty quickly within a second, so I do not think this is an issue.

The operation error shows "can not connect to the database". I checked with DBA and he told me that he can connect with credentials that I provided.

Has anybody ran into this kind of issue before? What am I missing here? To me, it does not make sense the fact that DBA can connect in the back-end but I am not able to when running APM DB configuration utility.

If anyone can shed some lights, much appreciated!

Thanks,

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

As it's Oracle RAC as opposed to regular Oracle, it requires some additional config steps (well documented) prior to setting up any connection to DB. Did you perform these extra RAC-specific config steps on APM server prior to running the Config Wizard?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanks Dmitry for pointing out.

2 of 5 servers were not properly configured.

bsm-tnsnames.ora

jdbc.drivers.properties

jdbc.properties

Regards,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.