Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Absent Member.. sac3212988 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

DB error while installing BSM 9.20 on Linux

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I was installing BSM 9.20 on Linux and got DB error while running DB configuration utility.

Error: ORA-12505, SID was not recognized by the oracle server.

1. Please confirm if I should have oracle client installed on both DPS and GW server as it is not installed neither I have TNS entries updated.

Also, as i got this error so I cancelled the wizard and got beow warning on Linux:"

WARNING! This installation has been interrupted. The

installation process will now terminate and the temporary

files it is using will be deleted from /tmp/install.dir.27051.

Please confirm if I should remove installation and install it again or I can start where i left i.e DB utility.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: DB error while installing BSM 9.20 on Linux

Jump to solution

I bet it relates to text formatting in HPBSM\odb\conf\jdbc.properties file. Make sure the text in the file looks exactly like this, i.e. 2 lines only:

Oracle = ddoracle

cmdb.url = jdbc:mercury:oracle:TNSNamesFile=<BSM_HOME>\\conf\\bsm-tnsnames.ora;TNSServerName=zzz

where zzz is you Oracle RAC service name

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

You do not need Oracle client installed on GW or DPS. However, if your Oracle instance is Oracle RAC some additional special steps are required in order to allow connection to DB (see BSM Database guide for details).

Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hey Dmitry, Th

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks for replying Dmitry. Now I am able to connect to the Oracle RAC DB after following the steps mentioned in DB guie.

But now I am getting an error while creating schema's, Error: unknown DB type or malformed URL ( while creating RTSM schema using DB config utility) can you guide on this

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I bet it relates to text formatting in HPBSM\odb\conf\jdbc.properties file. Make sure the text in the file looks exactly like this, i.e. 2 lines only:

Oracle = ddoracle

cmdb.url = jdbc:mercury:oracle:TNSNamesFile=<BSM_HOME>\\conf\\bsm-tnsnames.ora;TNSServerName=zzz

where zzz is you Oracle RAC service name

View solution in original post

Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Yeah Dmitry, actually I did not set it for BPI as mentioned below in guide:

"If your HP Business Service Management system has Business Process

Insight enabled with an active BPI process repository service, edit the

following file on all servers

< HP Business Service Management

rootdirectory>\conf\bpi_process_repository\templates\bia-model-repositorydb.

oracle.properties

"

After setting it up it worked.

Now there is another error, while creating schema's it gives Connection Pool error. I read in guide and found that Listener should use"session based algo"and not " Load based", i have asked DBA's to change it to session based, lets see if it works after that.

Thank you so much for helping

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.