Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Dash board ToolTip

Jump to solution

Hi ,

How can I show the Utilization in percentage(like 70 %) in tooltip of a CI in Dashboard View.

example is attached.

Regards,

Sumit Kumar

Mark as solution , if works for you.
Regards,
Sumit Kumar
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Dash board ToolTip

Jump to solution

Hi Sumit Kumar,

this can only be done by a groovy script, and it is not recommended due to the potential performance impact this might have.

You can "easily" tell BSM to display the value (in your case the CPU Utilization) in the BSM Dasboard.

I attached two documents, one is a kind of workshop from my colleague Dan Haller explaining it,

the other one is a draft document from my side, doing the same thing in a different way.

(draft means: don't blame me for something not working)

Greetings

Siggi

Customer Support
Micro Focus

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Sumit Kumar,

this can only be done by a groovy script, and it is not recommended due to the potential performance impact this might have.

You can "easily" tell BSM to display the value (in your case the CPU Utilization) in the BSM Dasboard.

I attached two documents, one is a kind of workshop from my colleague Dan Haller explaining it,

the other one is a draft document from my side, doing the same thing in a different way.

(draft means: don't blame me for something not working)

Greetings

Siggi

Customer Support
Micro Focus

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Siggi,

thanks for reply !

you document is really helpfull for anyone.

Please just tell me ! how the same value come into the top view tooltip. according to your document, the value is comeing in 360 view tooltip but not in top view tooltip.

Regards,

Sumit Kumar

Mark as solution , if works for you.
Regards,
Sumit Kumar
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Sumit Kumar,

perhaps there is something wrong in the documentation (as I told you, it's a draft document).

Tooltip is tooltip, no matter where you look at it (TopView or 360° View). (see screenshot1)

An easy way to get to the monitor information is to look at the tooltip on the HI.

For this select your monitor CI in for example 360° View -> select -> right mouse click -> Show -> His

(screenshot2)

you get a popup window

"Health Indicators Contributing to KPIs"

here hover the mouse over the state icon (green or red), and you see a more detailed tooltip (screenshot3)

Another option is to go to MyBSM, create a new page, split the page,

on the top half add the Component "Hierarchie", on the lower half add the component "Health Indicators"

when you now select a view (see screenshot4) like "System Monitors", you get the same as in the 360° View,

and if you click on one CI (for example "CPU vm17016_Linux"), on the lower half the HIs are shown.

If you now hover of the State icon again, you get the full message also seen in the SiteScope Dashboard status.

Greetings

Siggi

Customer Support
Micro Focus

0 Likes
bl
New Member.

Jump to solution

For this in service health we have to provide measurement id, sessionid and sample type for HI against each CI.  Is there any way to do this at global level because for each CI we have to do this manually? Please suggest.

Regards,

Bharat

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
Admin > Service Health > Assignments > Health Indicator Assignment.

But note: SiS HI Assignments for monitored CIs cannot be modified.

What exactly are you trying to do?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.