Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.. Roberto_Brusa Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Dealing with Daylight Saving Time on geographically distributed BPMs

Hi all,

we have a BSM 9.01 deployed in Italy: all servers are correctly set to proper timezone (Rome/Italy time) and their clocks automatically adjust to summer time.

We have a number of EUM profiles, each of them executed on various BPMs spread all over the world.
All BPMs are set on proper local timezone and automatically adjust to summer time (where adopted).
They all have
AdjustScheduleToDST=1
in <Business Process Monitor application directory>\config\agent1.cfg

The scheduling of each profile is quite complex: we have multiple schedules for each day of the week and, for each profile, different scheduling hours depending on the location.

Since monitored applications are based in Italy, all scheduling hours are set on Italian time: this means that in 'Edit Data Collector Settings' GMT+1 Time zone offset was used, instead of 'Data collector time'.
Therefore, all timings for start and stop are based on Italy time.

Since we entered summer time (2013 April, 1st), I noticed ALL my profile are now one hour late: all their stopping and starting result 'shifted' one hour late.
I think that the possible explanation is that Italy, during summer time, runs in fact on GMT+2

So how can I effectively deal wih that?
Editing all the schedules time zone offsets twice per year is inconvenient (there are hundreds of them), and setting schedules based on each 'Data collector time' would require a lot of conversions adding and subtracting hours; moreover, not all countries in the world adopt summer time, and this again would require correcting those schedules twice per year on locations not adopting daylight saving time.

Is there a way to express all scheduling hours in our local Italy time, making them respect summer time?

Thank you very much,
Roberto

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.