Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Highlighted
Established Member.. Jerrpot
Established Member..

Define new CMA in SiteScope - OMi

Hi all

We have SiteScope 11.30 - OMi 10 integration configured. As we can see, there are five CMA (CMA1 - CMA5) be defined in event mapping within SiteScope, and we can also find them in integration policy 'HP_SiteScope_to_Operations_Manager_Integration_by_Log_File(2.0)'

I am thinking if possible to add new custom attributes. For example, I want to add a custom attribute 'ForwardToTicket' in event mapping in SiteScope, and have it be forwarded to OMi event console also. But I guess we need to modify integration policy to make it happen?

Does anyone have such requirement or experience?

thanks so much

Jerry

Labels (2)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Define new CMA in SiteScope - OMi

Modifying the integration policy in any way is not supported. If you want to stay in the supported boundaries use cma1-cma5 custom attributes and/or add new CMAs to SiteScope events in the EPI on OMi server side.

0 Likes
Deepak1 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Go to preference->Common event mapping->Custom Attribute tab. Add new Custom Attribute and try.

I have not tried but i hope it will help in your case.

If help please click Kudos if it solve your issue Accept solution

Regards

Deepak

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. dasomm Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Is the purpose of using the cma to trigger a ticket/Incident from OMI? If so, is OMI integrated with Remedy or some other incident managament system?

We use a cma entry in SiteScope event mapping to trigger tickets from BSM 9.25 to Remedy. No need to change the integration policy (as long as events are received in OMI), just have an OMI rule that handles the trigger based on the value of the cma.
I haven't tested this in OMI10, but it should work the same way as BSM 9.25 in this respect.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Go to preference->Common event mapping->Custom Attribute tab. Add new Custom Attribute and try.

I have not tried but i hope it will help in your case.

That's the problem - you have never tried it, that's why you don't know that it won't work.

Yes, UI allows you to add an arbitrary CMA, but it has no effect on the underlying integration policy that eventually creates an event. So the policy will simply ignore whatever additional CMAs you may create in UI besides cma1-cma5.

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

So the only option is create EPI script in OMi level?

Regards

Deepak Shetty

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If you want to have any other CMAs in SiteScope event besides cma1-cma5, then yes, the only way to achieve this is to use EPI on OMi server side.

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.. kverma1985 Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Hey Jerry,

There is a way to do it - but it might not be supported by HPE, so you'll be taking a risk here.

1. Copy the data in SiteScope integration policy,the "Log File" one as it picks the event details and sends to OMI
  2. Paste the data in a new OMI policy - Create using Raw mode
  3. Delete all the Condition IDs
  4. Replace "cma#" with your CMA attribute label, not the cma# value though
  5. Deploy the new policy on to your SiteScope and disable the original integration policy

Test it out once. It worked for me, it should work for you too.

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Hi Verma and all,

Thanks for reply, could you please provide more details how it can be done?

1. Copy the data in SiteScope integration policy,the "Log File" one as it picks the event details and sends to OMI

Comment: please provide more detials where can i find this log file. in this path "D:\SiteScope\tools\OMIntegration\Raw" i am seeing 2 2 **_Log_file_**

2. Paste the data in a new OMI policy - Create using Raw mode

Comment: I did not get, please explain

3. Delete all the Condition IDs

Comment: I did not get, please explain

4. Replace "cma#" with your CMA attribute label, not the cma# value though

5. Deploy the new policy on to your SiteScope and disable the original integration policy

Comment: cant i modify in the existing policy and use the same instead of disabling the original intergration policy and using new.

My agenda is to replace CMA with my own Custom Attribute with minial customization.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.