Highlighted
ADR Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Diaster Recovery and database replication

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have installed a BSM 9.26 (EUM and Baseline) in a distributed environemnt, and a DR (disaster recovery).

I have some doubts about if I can replicate the database just partially (just bussines data avoiding references to servers .. ) and therefore avoid cleanup procedure, configure, and raise the BSM DR every time the diaster happen.

The idea is take the minimun time, just change the VIP to point to the BSM DR, and same with the database, since the BSM DR would be running and configured (configured after installation, the first time we raised it) .

Is it possible? How can we know what schemas/tables has the bussines data and the data necessary to have the bsm running without references to the main one?

I hope you understand me and my scenario.

Regards

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Diaster Recovery and database replication

Jump to solution

and what will happen if you miss one field during your backup or not-to-backup? do you feel like you know the BSM DB structure so well that you can achieve something that R&D didnt test?

moreover, this scenario is not certified so i doubt if Support will be able to assist you in case you will open support case in the future about your DR env. not working correctly after you perform failover....

4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

why are you trying to invent the wheel and try procedures which were not certified?

the cleanup procedures are needed because BSM keeps in the DB its own servers names. if you just change the VIP and start BSM on new servers, but the DB is not up to date then BSM won't start.

0 Likes
ADR Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Sorry, buy this is the request my client is giving to me, and I'm trying to get if it is possible or not and how to do.

I'm thinking in replicate the DB only the values refering to transactions/scripts,  threshold , scripts, metrics .... but no references to the servers. The first time after install the DR, I configure the DR database and therefore it is going to have the references to their own server (DR server). Since the database is only replicating frequently the bussines data, there are no interferences and the DR can be running, doesn't have it logic for you ?

Regards

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

and what will happen if you miss one field during your backup or not-to-backup? do you feel like you know the BSM DB structure so well that you can achieve something that R&D didnt test?

moreover, this scenario is not certified so i doubt if Support will be able to assist you in case you will open support case in the future about your DR env. not working correctly after you perform failover....

ADR Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi, 

That the point, I'm asking about that scenario but I dont know what data I have to copy. The scenario make sense to me, but if nobody can say to me what I need to copy I guess I need to copy the whole database.

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.