Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. SK3210 Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Does sitescope 11.23 support mail monitor on imap/pop3 over ssl?

Does sitescope 11.23 support mail monitor on imap/pop3 over ssl, im trying to add mail monitor with imap enabled for an account but it doesnt work, anything i need to change?

Receiving email server :server.mydomain.com:993 --> this is what im using

Sending email server (SMTP) : server.mydomain.com: 587 --> this is what im using

Both sending and receiving doesnt work. I have tested this configuration on a email client using imap and that works. Please do help. Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
12 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Does sitescope 11.23 support mail monitor on imap/pop3 over ssl?

Hi SK3210,

SSL support has been added for the SMTP monitor with SiteScope 11.22:

QCCR1I63064
Added support for sending emails via SSL SMTP servers to the Email Preferences Default Settings
dialog box (in Preferences > Email Preferences > Default Settings).

With SiteScope 11.24 we added support for
- IMAP4S to use a secure IMAP4 mail server for receiving mail.
- POP3S to use a secure POP3 mail server for receiving mail.

The Monitor Reference manual, Chapter 48: Mail Monitor, has all the details.

So what you are looking for is not available with SiS 11.23, but with SiS 11.24

Greetings

Siggi

Customer Support
Micro Focus

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Established Member.. kenneth.gonzale
Established Member..

Hi,

As Siggi said receiving over SSL was added in 11.24 while sending over SMTP SSL was added in 11.22. However, I'm stuck with Pop3S in 11.24 getting NullPointer exception; I'll update if this is a defect. I haven't tried IMAP4S yet.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
0 Likes
Established Member..

Just tested IMAP4S and it works.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor..

I have upgraded to 11.24 and tried to use IMAP4S and it fails with error "Interal error.java.lang.NullPointerException", can someone help on this please.

Sara

0 Likes
Established Member..

Hi Sara,

I'm currently working on that error, I'll keep you posted. My findings so far is that POP3S always show that error while IMAP4S may pass if you change your user format from username to username@email.address, please try that.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor..

I tried and sill doesnt work, any other solution for this IMAP4S, appreciate your help on this.

Sara

0 Likes
Established Member..

Still working on it. I'll get back to you.

Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor..

I managed to fix this issue, the "Receiving email server username" has to be Domain\username

0 Likes
Established Member..

Yes, it appears so. but it shouldn't be required. Still working on getting a possible hotfix/defect report.

Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

0 Likes
Absent Member.. NBorges Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello,

Is there any solution for POP3S ? because i have this problem, when i try to test the connections by "pop3s" give's me a error message "Java.lang.NullPointerException" working good in "IMAP4S"  got to put domain\user but it is working.

Now in about pop3s as allready had a fix?

Best Regards

Nuno Borges

0 Likes
Established Member..

Are you in 11.24? I have a hotfix for 11.24. This fix is still to be implemented in next releases.

Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

0 Likes
Absent Member.. NBorges Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello, and thank you for your answer. 🙂

Yes i'm with SiteScope Version 11.24, can you send me that fix ?

Best Regards

Nuno Borges

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.