Regular Contributor.. RAG2078 Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Embedding MyBSM Page Externally using an iFrame

I am trying to embed a MyBSM / Service Health page into an external site using an iFrame as a container. I have gone through the usual procedure using 'Link to this Page' with an encrypted user login and making sure 'Embedded link' is checked.The link that is generated works just fine if I use it within a browser.

However, when I try to embed the link into an iFrame on a external page, I get a "permission is denied" error within the EmbeddingUtils.js file on the page for "top.document" line. Ignoring the error allows the page to load but no data is shown.

Addidng (sandbox="allow-top-navigation") into the iFrame gets rid of the error but then it just hangs on the "Loading styles and images" bar and never loads.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Embedding MyBSM Page Externally using an iFrame

i dont think it will work. there are many other JS that assume BSM is the top frame.

0 Likes
Regular Contributor..

Can you clarify.. What will not work?

Does BSM 9.22 not support embedding MyBSM pages to other sites using an iFrame?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

correct, using iFrame it will not work for you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor..

Ok, Thanks. Perhaps that should be included in the BSM documentation concerning the 'Link to this page' feature.

What are the alterative options for embedding a MyBSM page into external sites? For example, allow users to see a specific BSM page and data via a portal site.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

BTW, in the "Link to this page", did you select the "embedded link" checkbox?

if you use the URL as it is, then it should work.

0 Likes
Regular Contributor..

Yes. The "Embedded Link" checkbox is checked.

The URL that is created works fine if it is used in a browser. But it does not load if it is being embedded into a HTML page.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.