MCusanelli Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Enabling/Disabling sitescope monitoring FROM the host via command line

I know that you can use the command line to manipulate monitoring on a host from the sitescope server via the <SiteScope>\examples\integrations\api\bin files. What i want to know is if you can use the command line to tell the sistescope server to turn off monitoring using those same files or some other way?

Use case: Say i have a dynamic server that i currently have monitors created for in sitescope. When this server is set to shutdown i would like to run a scheduled task send a command to tell the sitescope server to disable the monitoring and vice-versa.

Can something like this be done?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Enabling/Disabling sitescope monitoring FROM the host via command line

Is your SiS integrated with BSM or OMi? if yes, then you can leverage the Downtime Management and stop monitoring using downtime.

0 Likes
Highlighted
MCusanelli Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Im trying to do everything FROM the host. im not looking to utilize the downtime feature in bsm.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi MCusanelli,

this
Say i have a dynamic server that i currently have monitors created for in sitescope. When this server is set to shutdown i would like to run a scheduled task send a command to tell the sitescope server to disable the monitoring and vice-versa.
can only be done if you manage to have all monitors running on / faor / against that server in the same group, so ideally you would have one SiteScope group per server.
In that case you can use the API which provides a call to disable or enable a complete group.

Other than that SiteScope is not "monitored server" aware.
You can of course retrieve the list of all monitors via the API, check whet servers they run on, filter taht list by your dynamic server in question, and then disable all monitors one by one via the API.

Greetings
Siggi

Customer Support
Micro Focus

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.