NicolasAnt Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Event browser is not working

Jump to solution

After rebooting BSM 9.2 servers (DP & GW) I found that event browser is not working (see attached pic):

An error has occurred in server processing. Please contact your administrator. Details of the error can be found in the server log files.

Found nothing in log files. Can anybody suggest logs it makes sense to raise the level of detail?

Thanks!

PS. Found some posts with similar problem, but nothing helped.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Established Member.. kumarandp
Established Member..

Re: Event browser is not working

Jump to solution

Please check and related CI id is not equal to 32

select count(*) from ALL_EVENTS where len(RELATED_CI_ID)<>'32'

If present delete the those events using following queries.

delete anno from EVENT_ANNOTATIONS anno inner join ALL_EVENTS evt on evt.ID=anno.EVENT_ID where len(evt.RELATED_CI_ID)<>'32'
delete cma from EVENT_CUSTOM_ATTRIBUTES cma inner join ALL_EVENTS evt on evt.ID=cma.EVENT_ID where len(evt.RELATED_CI_ID)<>'32'
delete efi from EVENT_FORWARDING_INFO efi inner join ALL_EVENTS evt on evt.ID=efi.EVENT_ID where len(evt.RELATED_CI_ID)<>'32'
delete epc from EVENT_PROPERTY_CHANGE epc inner join HISTORY_LINE hi on hi.ID=epc.HISTORY_LINE inner join ALL_EVENTS evt on evt.ID=hi.EVENT_REF where len(evt.RELATED_CI_ID)<>'32'
delete from ALL_EVENTS where len(RELATED_CI_ID)<>'32'
delete hi from HISTORY_LINE hi inner join ALL_EVENTS evt on evt.ID=hi.EVENT_REF where len(evt.RELATED_CI_ID)<>'32'

After this open jmx-console and invoke the following method to renitialize the event cache.

under "opr.console" namespace and name "BusinessLogicDelegateMBean"

invoke method void reinitIncidentCache().

Regards,

kumaran dp

4 Replies
Absent Member.. hdhavale Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Nicolas,

Changing loglevel to DEBUG in opr-backend.properties for opr-backend.log on the DPS might help.

Thanks,

Harshad

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks, Harshad. Changed log level to DEBUG, can't see any troubles/errors in log.

Actually, messaging is working - I see new events in DB (ALL_EVENTS table) from SiteScope (which is connected to GW, so connectivity between DP & GW is likely fine).

I've found than problem URL is:

http://<GW>/opr-web/opr-evt-browser?showDetails=true

So I looked into opr-webapp.log:

When GW was last started, there was errors:

[CiResolverIndexManager_ thread-1] ERROR Index.build(171) - Error during index creation: com.hp.opr.ciresolver.impl.core.index.jdbc.JdbcIndex$IsInitializedAlready

[EventCacheInitializationThread] ERROR EventBL.run(2598) - Exception while initializing EventCache from DB:
--- Start of server-side exception ---
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The received string [1] representation is inconsistent

And on every request of above URL, log is appended with one string:

[ajp-0.0.0.0-8009-4] ERROR EventBrowserRequestProcessor.process

Request(110) - failed to process request: Event Cache is not yet initialized. Try it later! 

I tried to check indicies in DB:

C:\HPBSM\opr\support>checkIndices.bat -s
Create connection to settings manager... Done!
Detected DB type: SQLSERVER
Initializing db configuration... Done!
Building a session factory from OMi db configuration... Done!
Show option selected. Tool will only display index report...
Index check completed.

### Index validation report ###
----------------------------------
All required indices are in place. No issues found.

Established Member.. kumarandp
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Please check and related CI id is not equal to 32

select count(*) from ALL_EVENTS where len(RELATED_CI_ID)<>'32'

If present delete the those events using following queries.

delete anno from EVENT_ANNOTATIONS anno inner join ALL_EVENTS evt on evt.ID=anno.EVENT_ID where len(evt.RELATED_CI_ID)<>'32'
delete cma from EVENT_CUSTOM_ATTRIBUTES cma inner join ALL_EVENTS evt on evt.ID=cma.EVENT_ID where len(evt.RELATED_CI_ID)<>'32'
delete efi from EVENT_FORWARDING_INFO efi inner join ALL_EVENTS evt on evt.ID=efi.EVENT_ID where len(evt.RELATED_CI_ID)<>'32'
delete epc from EVENT_PROPERTY_CHANGE epc inner join HISTORY_LINE hi on hi.ID=epc.HISTORY_LINE inner join ALL_EVENTS evt on evt.ID=hi.EVENT_REF where len(evt.RELATED_CI_ID)<>'32'
delete from ALL_EVENTS where len(RELATED_CI_ID)<>'32'
delete hi from HISTORY_LINE hi inner join ALL_EVENTS evt on evt.ID=hi.EVENT_REF where len(evt.RELATED_CI_ID)<>'32'

After this open jmx-console and invoke the following method to renitialize the event cache.

under "opr.console" namespace and name "BusinessLogicDelegateMBean"

invoke method void reinitIncidentCache().

Regards,

kumaran dp

Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello, Kumaran!

Your magical secret knowldge didn't help directly 🙂 ( I followed steps you provide, have found problem messages, cleared them, but it didn't help).

But you guided me in the right direction - the idea about DB containg problem messages can confuse BSM didn't crossed my mind (It's weird! Who but BSM itself could put events with problematic fields?

So I closed and archived all events via opr-close-events.bat and opr-archive-events.bat and Event browser started working again (after reinitializing event cache throught jmx).

Kumaran, thank you very much!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.