Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Frequent Contributor.. ShivaYadav Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Exclude or Delete apm monitoring probe data for SLA calculation

Jump to solution

Dear Expert,

We are using APM, end user monitoring for monitoring the application, we would like to exclude or delete some downtime data which was due to intenal network issue not application issue.

Now the customer can see the availibilty as 99.90% insteady of 100%, so please let us know how can we remove the data and recalulate the SLA.

Thanks in advance expert.

Shiva Yadav

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Exclude or Delete apm monitoring probe data for SLA calculation

Jump to solution

Hi Shiva,

this is what I'm referring to:
screenshot.jpg

If you cannot see Service Level Management at all, then I wonder how you deal with SLAs at all?
The usual reason for this is that you doN#t have SLM licensed (then you would see a message) or not enabled,
simply check APM -> Admin -> Platform -> Setup and Maintenance -> Server Deployment
screenshot2.jpg
if it is not enabled, you need to enable it and restart APM.
If it is enabled, check if you license is valid.

Greetings
Siggi

Customer Support
Micro Focus

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
7 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Shiva Yadav,

simply have a look at the APM Application Administer Guide (I used the 9.50 version here), Chapter 30:

Retroactive SLA Data Corrections
You define SLA data correction schedules to make retroactive adjustments to SLA data. (Downtimes defined in the Downtime Management page in Platform Administration only affect future data.) For example, you discover that testing of an application is causing disruption to a server monitored by your SLAs. The testing will continue for an hour a day over the next week, so you define a downtime (in the Platform Administration Downtime Management page) for the future testing. But you also want to exclude from your SLAs the data from testing periods that have already taken place, so you define an SLA data correction schedule for those time periods. The data correction periods are excluded from SLA calculations, and are marked with Downtime status in Service Level Management reports. In addition, the Downtime Event Description area displayed in reports (displayed by enabling the option in the Advanced Options dialog box), provides information on data corrections that are applicable to the report. For details, see Advanced Options Dialog Box in the APM User Guide.

The manual explains all you need know to correct one or more SLAs.

Greetings Siggi

Customer Support
Micro Focus

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Frequent Contributor..

Jump to solution
Thanks Siggi for your reply,

Appreciate if you can let us know where can I configure "SLA data correction schedule" on APM, I am unable to see the options.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

ivaYadav,

it's all in the manual, it really helps if you spend some time looking at it ;-)
Same chapter, some lines below:

You define SLA data correction schedules in the SLA Data Correction Schedule Dialog Box, on page
520. For details, see SLA Data Correction Schedule Dialog Box, on page 520.
After defining or editing an SLA data or correction schedule, you need to run recalculation on your SLAs
so that the data changes are applied to the SLAs. For details, see Recalculation for SLAs, on page 433.

so APM -> Admin -> Service Level Management -> SLA Data Correction.
On the right side of the screen you'll find a button "New" which allows you to create a new SLA Data Correction.

Greetings
Siggi

Customer Support
Micro Focus

Frequent Contributor..

Jump to solution

Dear Siggi,

Thanks for the reply, please find the below snapshot, i dont have the options add Admin => Service Level Managment" in the admin menu, we are using APM 9.30

APM SLM.JPGRegards

Shiva

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Shiva,

this is what I'm referring to:
screenshot.jpg

If you cannot see Service Level Management at all, then I wonder how you deal with SLAs at all?
The usual reason for this is that you doN#t have SLM licensed (then you would see a message) or not enabled,
simply check APM -> Admin -> Platform -> Setup and Maintenance -> Server Deployment
screenshot2.jpg
if it is not enabled, you need to enable it and restart APM.
If it is enabled, check if you license is valid.

Greetings
Siggi

Customer Support
Micro Focus

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor..

Jump to solution

Dear Siggi,

Thanks and appreciate your support, the SLA lincese is expired, thats the reason i was not able to view the Service Level Manegement.

Regards

Shiva

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Great,

thanks for your update and the good news

Siggi

Customer Support
Micro Focus

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.