Highlighted
Absent Member.. IpreoNOCSS Absent Member..
Absent Member..

FTP Monitor Sitescope 10.10 - Bad Request-FTP 402

Hello,

We recently went through an upgrade of SS 9.0 to 10.10, our monitor was working as expected. Since the upgrade this monitor has not been able to run successfully. I tried setting up the monitor from scratch, I get the same error as I would from the imported one.

What the monitor did in version 9.0, it got a log file from our FTP site every 10 minutes; the site is available externally on the internet, then provided us with the availability of our ftp site along with RTT of the file download. In case of failure it will send a notification and the error code it encountered.  

This is a simple tasks that should be accomplished by this monitor on SiteScope but I am not able to figure out what is wrong on v10.10 . 

There has to been any changes in the proxy configuration on our internal network. If I point to the monitor to our internal FTP site, I can get files with no problem. This tells me the problem might lie on proxy authentication, but there are no proxy authentication settings that we can configure. The monitor did work with no issues in version 9 with the same proxy settings.

Result: bad request <!--CONTENTEND-->

FTP 402 error

Can someone please advise, what else could be the problem?

Thank you,

NOCSiteScope1

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Sujith Kumar C. Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: FTP Monitor Sitescope 10.10 - Bad Request-FTP 402

Can you please share the settings of the old monitor?

Are you manually able to find that file on that FTP server? (using same proxy and same credentials)

Were you using the same proxy before with same port  which is 8080?

--Sujith

Close the thread if your issue is resolved to make the thread meaningful and complete. Do show gratitude to people who helped you by assigning points.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hello Sujith,

Thanks for the reply - The old settings of the monitor are below:

Basic Settings:

ftp server: eft.ipreo.com

file: /ex100406.log

username: ftpusername

password:********

passive mode: checked

Advanced FTP settings:

No content checking

HTTP Proxy Settings:

HTTP Proxy:10.11.80.60:8080

HTTP username: serviceacct

Frequency: 10 minutes.

Yes I am able to pull the file with the same credentials and coreftp client from the same server that is running SiteScope10.10. The proxy has not changed, it is the same proxy we used with version 9.0.

If you have any more insight, it is much appreciated.

Thank you,

NocSiteScope1

0 Likes
Sujith Kumar C. Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Can you use the host name of FTP server and give a try

Have you set anything for "Check for content changes"?

If you use an HTTP proxy you have it set up in your browser. Enter that same information in browser and remember to include the port and then give a try.

Have you entered the full path of the location of file their?

And passive mode should be checked if monitor has to work through firewalls.

If there are any advanced settings configured, attach screenshot here.

--Sujith

Close the thread if your issue is resolved to make the thread meaningful and complete. Do show gratitude to people who helped you by assigning points.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hello Sujith,

I gave it a try and try to connect by ip address no luck - 216.74.162.135. There are no content changes checks set up for the monitor.

Yes, I have also entered the tried the full path, proxy settings are set up the same way as it was on SS 9.0. Also passive mode is checked since traffic will definitely have to go through firewalls.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you,

NocSiteScope1

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Is there a way to specify the Socks version within the Sitescope FTP monitor? Specifically we need to use socks version 4 inorder to connect to this FTP Site....there should be a way to specify this, but I wouldn't be surprised if HP overlooked this detail in the development of SiS 10.10......Please let me know-- if it is not possible to determine/change the socks version, then the monitor in question will not be possible....

Sincerely,

The Guy who still uses SiS 10.10...

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.