Outstanding Contributor.. yangnigon Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Geo location data discrepency for APM 9.3

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a couple questions about the geo location indicators.

When hovering over the indicator on the map (virtual user), I see there are two metrics such as application performance and application availability.

What's puzzling to me is that some of metric data has some discrepencies as far as the numbers are concerned. For example, category "Held Status Since".

Application Performance's Held status since => 4/7/2018 9:57 AM
Application Availability's Held status since => 6/13/2018 8:41 PM

This particular CI attached to the location hasn't been linked since 4/7/2018 as it indicated. However, it displays otherwise.

Am I not understanding how the metric is calculating? or Is there a way to troubleshoot this? I do not quite understand how the 4/7/2018 came up.

Please be advise.

FYI, I've attached the screenshot for reference.

Thanks,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Geo location data discrepency for APM 9.3

Jump to solution

it means the HI of the location last status change was in 4/7/2018 but the KPI last status change was 6/18/2018. then you need to check if that Location has children which impact it. you can right-click on the Location > Show > find visible and hidden children. this will list all the children CIs that can impact it.

3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

go to "360 view" and select the "End User Locations" view. then locate the same location CI and see these 2 KPIs there.

hoover on the KPI and see what is the "held status since".

Geo map displays status on a locations as the worst KPI of all CI associated with that location. in your case, i think you picked also a BPM location which has these 2 KPIs automatically calculated from all transactions running from that location.

Outstanding Contributor.. yangnigon Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

I've followed what you suggested and hoover on the KPI to see "last status change"

This is what I found.

Health Indicators Contributing to KPIs
KPI, Health Indicatros, Value, and Last status change. (columns)

The last status change column displays
Application Performance => 4/7/2018
Application Availability => 6/11/18

However, when hoover on the KPI and see what is the last status change, I get different values such as
Application Performance => 6/18/18
Application Availabiity => 6/16/18

It's the same description as the last status change. However, the values are different. How should I interpret this?

I've attached the screentshot for reference.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

it means the HI of the location last status change was in 4/7/2018 but the KPI last status change was 6/18/2018. then you need to check if that Location has children which impact it. you can right-click on the Location > Show > find visible and hidden children. this will list all the children CIs that can impact it.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.