Highlighted
SuryaT Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Getting Error Description in Alert Email for Web Service monitor

Hi All,

I am using Web Service monitor. I have configured Email Alert for the same.

The problem is that the email which is sent doens't give enough info on the reason of error.

I checked parameters from below site and tried using parameters like _errorContentdiagnosticText in template file, but could not get the actual error description.

http://207.189.100.207:8888/SiteScope/docs/TemplateProperties.htm#WebServiceMonitor

Here is sample email alert,

Monitor:  204055740:TestWebServiceMonitor

Tags:   

Group:    JVM

Sample #: 14880

Time:     6:08 AM 8/27/15

The thresholds in error are:

The thresholds in warning are:

The thresholds in good are:

So, can anyone please help me in getting the solution for this?

Thanks,

Surya

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Established Member.. kenneth.gonzale
Established Member..

Re: Getting Error Description in Alert Email for Web Service monitor

You're getting a SiS status code -983 which means SOAPFaultError, if you attach the whole XML response with the SOAPFault string (via content match in monitor or diagnosticsText) you can see why the Web Servicie is complaining about.

Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
0 Likes
Abdul-Kadir Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Getting Error Description in Alert Email for Web Service monitor

can you please try <diagnosticText> as well

for e.g.

[Subject:- CRITICAL ALERT :- <name> - <state>]
Group:-    <group>
Monitor:-  <name>

Time:-     <time>

<diagnosticText>

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.