Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
SAS Saturn Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HP BSM 9.0

Jump to solution
Hello All,

In BSM 9.0, we get uCMDB as part of the installation which provides all the features available in the standalone uCMDB product.
Then, the question is, why do we need to buy uCMDB separately when we get the same from BAC/BSM 9.0?

Thanks for your response!
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Acclaimed Contributor.. haytham_hosny Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: HP BSM 9.0

Jump to solution
Hi ,

you have to plan why you need to use an external UCMDB , for example if you would like to integrate UCMDB with SM so the such integration only supported on external one not the BSM embedded.

Thanks
Haytham Hosny
Haytham Hosny

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
You cannot buy uCMDB because it costs nothing. It's provided for free with any product that uses it. It's DDM that costs money.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution
Hi ,

you have to plan why you need to use an external UCMDB , for example if you would like to integrate UCMDB with SM so the such integration only supported on external one not the BSM embedded.

Thanks
Haytham Hosny
Haytham Hosny

View solution in original post

SAS Saturn Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hello Haytham,

Thanks for the information, that helped us.

In that case, how can I integrate HP SM, uCMDB and BSM 9.0?

What ever I understand from your comments is that SM cannot be integrated with BSM and embedded uCMDB. Is my understanding correct?

Thanks!
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
The correct way to integrate these 3 products would be regular uCMDB-SM integration + uCMDB-BSM topology synchronization (integration adapters for such sync are available in both uCMDB 9 and BSM 9).
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi,

yes , you have to integrate SM with external UCMDB and also UCMDB will integrate with BSM out of the box , once you isntall BSM you will prompt to configure your databases

one of options is to connect to an external UCMDB.

Hope this helps you

Thanks
Haytham Hosny
Haytham Hosny
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
This is totally incorrect. BSM 9.0 cannot be deployed with external uCMDB as it was possible to do with BAC 8.x. BSM 9.0 MUST use embedded uCMDB instance called RTSM (aka ODB) and can only be synced with a separate uCMDB 9 instance acting as CMS in the entire BSM-uCMDB-SM solution.
0 Likes
kevinb_1 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution
In order to hook the ucmdb/ddm server to the BSM9 application would I point the ucmdb to the ODB schema that I created for BSM9?
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
As I previously mentioned it's NOT possible to "hook" external uCMDB server to BSM 9 directly. What was possible in 7.x and 8.x is gone. In 9.x world you can only sync 2 _separate_ uCMDB instances - one is external/standalone uCMDB and another is embedded uCMDB (called RTSM) that is part of BSM 9 platform.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gail D Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Dmity,

Do you know if there is "How To" documentation for sycn BSM9.x with external UCMDB 9.x?
If so, could you point me to it?
Thanks,
0 Likes
Amit Erental Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.