Gulbahar Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HP BSM OMi Related CI Problem

Hi all,

I have integration BSM and SIS.I send event out of SIS and I seen incoming event OMi,But related CI field blank looks  from event in OMi Console.

I open the details incoming event. Writes to following;

Warning : Could not find host and CI information

Labels (3)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
NicolasAnt Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: HP BSM OMi Related CI Problem

This docs (Troubleshooting section) helps me to fight similar issues: http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00230949

0 Likes
Established Member.. Polter
Established Member..

Is all the CI are discovered by RTSM. You can check in System Hardware Monitoring and see all CI are there for Sitescope
Absent Member.. Mascotte_Thomas Absent Member..
Absent Member..

1. Check in RTSM whether the SIS Cis are there?

2. Perform the Hard resync from SIS.

-/-\- Mascotte
"Assign the Kudos to the kind fellas to shew the appreciation"
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage
0 Likes
Gulbahar Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi all,

CIResolver.log screenshot attached.

0 Likes
Gerald McGarvin Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I had a similar issue a while back.  Probably not the same but I thought I'd mention it anyway. 

In my case, I tried "everything".  Did the hard resync between SiS and BSM and many other things.

I finally realized that the resolver cache build process was aborting.  As a result the resolver cache only contained CIs up to the point it aborted.  Some CI resolved and some did not.

Log entry lookede like:  ...[CiResolverIndexManager_ thread-1] ERROR Index.build(171) - Error during index creation:...

If you find this error in your log file, you may be able to locate the offending CI causing the abort and adjust it as a temporary work around.  Open a ticket with HP support.

IHTH

0 Likes
Gerald McGarvin Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

If it is the same problem I saw, it was fixed in 9.21.082: 

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/FID/DOCUMENTUM_QCCR1A146666

"CI Resolver initialization is blocked in case CI label is too long"

OMI_00027 - OMI9.2 build 09.21.082 Windows/64 2008 - 2012-12-10 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.