Ashokct1 Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

HP BSM Virtual Machine Deployment

I am running HPBSM 9.13 on Virtual server with two machine deployment connected to BPM, RUM, Sitescope, OM and Diagnostics. I have total of 8 GB of RAM on both the BSM servers and monitoring 5 Applications. Total of 25 transaction runs for every 15 Min and total of 100 Events per day from OM, Diagnostics, RUM.

I notice a delay with the application when generating a reports or launching any menu in RTSM but all the events are generating on time and updating the dashboard.

Does this delay is common on physical server too? eg-the pages under RTSM-takes min of 1-2 min.

HP support BSM 9 on both Physical and Virtual environment but sizing varies for virtual server. If the BSM on VM has enough capacity does it makes any performance issue?

How will be the internal communication between the BSM servers on Virtual environment, will it be same as Physical?

How to Evaluate the performance on Virtual server?

How to define sizing for HPBSM on virtual platform?

What will be the issue with Virtual server if more applications added on virtual server?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.. ParagC Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: HP BSM Virtual Machine Deployment

Hi,

The issue you  are facing could be because of the Database rather than GW/DP, Physical/Virtual server issue as you have allocated sufficient memory on the servers as you have mentioned.

Could you please look for errors in the Database logs.

Regards,

Parag

0 Likes
Highlighted
NicolasAnt Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I think 8GB RAM is not enough for your environment.

And, after all, you can point Diagnstics to BSM itself and try to find the bottlneck - at least you'll se where the slowdown occurs - in GW, DP or DP.

I have 4 virtual machines (all have 4 cores):

DP (8GB RAM)

GW (10 GB RAM)

SS+Diagnostics+RUM server+BPM (12 GB RAM)

SQL DB (10 GB RAM)

Everything works pretty fast. But I haven't yet get much data (4 Apps monitored).

Average Physical Memory Usage 50-85% on servers, CPU - 10-20%.

0 Likes
Ashokct1 Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

I have 8 GB of Ram with 2 processor on GW and DPS and for database contains 18 GB of RAM with 2 processor.

I feel some performance problem while navigating with in the pages . So If I increase the sizing of HPBSM than normal will the performance be similar to physical server?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.