RYU123 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HP Sitescope Monitor that monitors total processes for all servers

Dear Experts,

I was just wondering if it is possible to create a sitescope monitor that will give you the total process count for all of your servers.

I already created service monitors for each server that returns the process count for a certain process.

Now I want to create a monitor that returns the total process count for all my servers.

For example, the process is "svchost"  (used "service monitor" to return the process count) for each of the 2 servers.

server 1 returns 4 processes

server 2 returns 5 processes

Now I need to create a monitor that returns the total number of processes.

In this case, the monitor would return 9 processes.

Anyone have any ideas here.

Greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
NicolasAnt Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: HP Sitescope Monitor that monitors total processes for all servers

Not possible without external scripting, I think.

But you can solve it on BSM side, if you have it, with custom Business Rule.

0 Likes
RYU123 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

May I ask how would you do it in BSM then?
Thanks,
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

the CPU monitor probably has a measurement for # of CPUs. just map this measurement to HI and then you will have HI with value. map that HI to KPI and then group all the servers you want under 1 CI collection. the KPI on the CI Collection can have Sum of Values rule which will sum all the KPIs' values (which are all the HIs' values).

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.