Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. SylvainP31 Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

How to change BPM 9.25 timezone?

Hi everyone,

I just installed a new BPM 9.25 connected to BSM 9.24, and I see that its timezone in the BSM screen "Admin > End User Management" is set to "America/Bahia".

But on the BPM server, the timezone is 'UTC+01:00 Brussels'.

Changing the timezone from BSM interface is useless, it's resetted by the BPM.

So my question will be simple: how can I change the timezone in BPM?

And optionnaly : why does BSM shows 'America/Bahia'?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
dhuri_nikhil Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to change BPM 9.25 timezone?

BPM synchronizes time with the BSM Gateway Server once an hour (default Time Poll Interval
setting). If you change the time on the BPM machine, the BPM reports may contain incorrect times until
BSM is next polled for time synchronization. To avoid this, you should restart BPM/the relevant BPM
instance , or change the Time Poll Interval setting for an instance to a value smaller than 60 minutes.

0 Likes
Super Contributor.. SylvainP31 Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Hi ,

Thanks for your answer but you don't get it. We didn't change the timezone on the BPM server, it has always been UTC+1. But BSM shows America. Restarting the BPM changes nothing.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

It could be linked to the profile database time zone.  Can you check this in Admin > Platform > Setup and Maintenance > Manage Profile Databases?  When you set a profle database as default, you can set the time zone.  It's also worth getting your DBA to check the database default time zones.

Also, there is a defualt time zone setting in newer versions of BSM in Admin > Platform > Setup and Maintenance > Infrastructure Settings, under Foundations: Business Service Management Interface - Display.  I'm not sure when this was added as it is in 9.26, but not 9.21.

Regards,

Tim

0 Likes
dhuri_nikhil Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hiee

Is your BSM and BPM server in the same domain.Different Domains will also cause time syncronization issues

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.