Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Absent Member.. Ahmet_Erden Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hp Rum Publisher Samples

Jump to solution

Hi

We use Hp Rum for real users traffics analyze. Sometimes from our engine servers does not send traffic to our GW server. And we have seen that our publisher samples are 0.

Can you help us?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Hp Rum Publisher Samples

Jump to solution

Hi Ahmet,

Symptoms are rather weird. Can you please open a support case? Or you can reach me directly by email pereverzev@hpe.com in order to take a look on your system on WebEx.

Best regards, Alexey

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Ahmet,

Check the RUM Probe stats too.  You should be able to see Probe Page Hits and Probe Page Hits Processed by Engine.  These monitors refresh every few minutes (maybe 5 or 10).

If Probe Page Hits is ~0 then the Probe is not getting or processing the data.  This could mean that the probe has a problem, the network feed to the probe has a problem (e.g. SPAN/mirror/tap), or there is no user activity.  Also, if SSL/TLS is used, it could be an expired key or unsupported ciphers etc.

If Probe Page hits is higher and Probe Page Hits Processed by Engine ~0 then it could be a comms issue between Engine and Probe, or the Engine is not processing the data.  If this is the case, you should see some red or yellow monitors on the RUM Engine Web console.

If Probe Page Hits and Probe Page Hits Processed by Engine both have expected values and Publisher Samples remain at 0, then there could be a problem with the Engine Publisher, or a comms issue between Engine and BSM.  If this is the case, check the RUM Engine publisher logs for errors.

A good way of testing comms between BSM, RUM Engine and RUM Probe is to run 'Sync All Configuration' from Monitoring Configuration Information in the RUM Engine Web Console.  If it fails, the pop-up window shows which log to check.

Regards,

Tim

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

There is an easier way to start troubleshooting. As you know RUM has 2 types of data: raw from RUM DB and aggregated from BSM profile DB. So, if you suspect any troubles with generating, sending or processing samples at BSM side - just compare Raw and Aggregated data. You can query Session Analyser >> Session Details to see raw data and some of the aggregated reports - Transaction Summary or Action Summary (of course that will work only in case you have configured actions and transactions) for the same period (do not use "last" periods. Use "hour" time ending aprox 30 min ago.)

So, just compare data in reports. In case you have or have not data in both reports - there is no issue with samples. In case you have raw data and missing aggregated data - there could be issues somewhere in pipeline: Sample generation, sending, processing at BSM side or laying in to profile DB.

Best regards, Alexey

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

hi,

I can sync all configuration successfully  from admin page. when i sync configuration i look publisher logs. i can't see any error in this log.

I notice that probe can't send data from engine, but i can take capture from probe managament menu. In engine db i can't see actual data.

When i look system status monitoring page i can only see error at Active Sessions in Real User Monitor Sniffer Probe Host.  This value is 61000.

If i uninstall engine aplication and install again this problem is resolving, but i lose row data.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Ahmet,

Symptoms are rather weird. Can you please open a support case? Or you can reach me directly by email pereverzev@hpe.com in order to take a look on your system on WebEx.

Best regards, Alexey

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your help. We will try to open a case to HP.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.