Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Mohd_25 Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

IF Field Formula in Custom Query Builder

Jump to solution

Dear experts I am trying to get the server time for a particualr page on different Time stamp and with custom query builder its very easy to get it, I used the below field Alias and field Formula

time_stamp

Page Name

Server Time - SUM(tot_server_time/1000)/SUM(total_hits)

Now i want to schedule this report and show the timestamps and server times that are breaching the threshold 50 sec.I dont know how to use the IF case inside the formula field and i cant find a good documentation for it on BAC documentation. Please help I dont know if this below formula will work still i dont know the last two Arguments in the IF syntax

IF(SUM(tot_server_time/1000)/SUM(total_hits),>,50,?,?)

what should i add there? or am i doing it in wrong way? Please let me know thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: IF Field Formula in Custom Query Builder

Jump to solution

i think something like this:

IF(SUM(tot_server_time/1000)/SUM(total_hits),>,50,SUM(tot_server_time/1000)/SUM(total_hits),NULL)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

i think something like this:

IF(SUM(tot_server_time/1000)/SUM(total_hits),>,50,SUM(tot_server_time/1000)/SUM(total_hits),NULL)

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanks for reply and it worked, But its just replacing the page name with a NULL, how can i avoid the entire data and only show the server times that got above a threshold.

Also other doubt is SUM(tot_server_time/1000)/SUM(total_hits) is working and giving out same data as in RUM , But problem is

for example inside a session,Page may be taken more than one time, and then this value of server time gets wrong since they take a session average, How can i get the exact server times of page inside their sessions. or am i asking for something impossible? then sorry. Thanks for all help :hug:

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

i dont think it is possible.

IF is not meant to "hide" results.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Yeah Right, thanks a lot for helping :hug:

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.