Absent Member.. Sree220 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Is Event queuing possible in HPBSM - OMi 9.20?

If the events passing from BSM-OMi are not getting ticketed in ticketing tool (ex: Service Now) due to some issue with network/adapter/ESB then is it possible to keep events in queue and schedule re-triggering, instead of manually re-triggering events from Source or Posting events using poster manually. If possible, then please suggest me the steps how to do it.

Regards,

Sree.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Is Event queuing possible in HPBSM - OMi 9.20?

You don't need to do anything yourself. This is how it works OOB, i.e. event forwarding queues exist in BSM, and forwarding attempts will be retried if previous attempts failed (this behavior is configurable).

There may be certain situations when an event was received on the target side, but for whatever reasons tickets was not created. So in this case if the target side returns some error code in response (instead of a ticket ID) you can handle this situation in your integration adapter on BSM side.

Highlighted
Absent Member.. Sree220 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Thanks for your response.

How & where to configure the retry failed attempts when the ticket is not created and we receive error code in response instead of ticket ID? Please elaborate.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You have different possibilities  in the Operations Management infrastructure settings:

BSM : Setup and Maintenance > Infrastructure Settings > Applications > Operations Management

>>>>> Event Synchronization Settings <<<

0 Likes
Absent Member.. JOstgren Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Can you describe how to handle this in the integration adapter code !.

This if one of the issues I have with an existing integration to ticketing system.

Sometimes the external system can not create ticket based on the information in the event.

I want to handle this situation in a user friendly way in OMi. Inform the operator that the ticket could not be created and remove the request from the queue to external system.

My current work-around to solve the situtation is to create an exception when I got reply from external system that ticket can not be created due to input data. This removes the event from the queue.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.