Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
DenisG Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Issue with BSM 9.24 Monitoring Panel

Jump to solution

Hello Expert, i've got a strange issue on BSM 9.24 : In the monitoring tab (admin/EUM) as I click on an application to get it's BPM configuration (Business Process Monitor Tab), the system throw me this error : "Failed to load Business Process Monitor Application defaults. Failed to get BPM configuration for Business Application CI, System error occured: {0}". so I can't stop the monitoring, or change BPM Locations.

The metrics are still collected, and everything seems ok in Application EUM and RTSM.

Could you help me please?  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Issue with BSM 9.24 Monitoring Panel

Jump to solution

Hi Denis,

There are 3 options that I can think of, and I recommend the first if you are not comfortable with these, or you just want to be safe if it's a production environment.

1) Raise a support case

2) Rerun validateEumModel additionally answering 'yes' to 'Fix Model If Needed'.  Make sure you have a good backup of your systems just in case.

3) Go into Admin / RTSM Administration / Modeling / IT Universe Manager and try to locate the offending BTF.  You may be able to fix it from there if there are relationship issues.  You can delete the problem BTF if it's not needed, but you may leave orphan Business Transactions which would need to be manually deleted as well - as they would no longer be visible in the End User Monitors view

If you are having trouble identifying the BTF from it's unique ID, then try this:

Go to the DPS and access the JMX console of CMDB - http://<DPS_URL>:21212/jmx-console

Look for UCMDB:service=Model Services

Find the retriveObjectProperties function

Paste in the object ID and click on invoke to display the CI details (the customer ID is normally 1)

Regards,

Tim

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Denis,

It might be worth checking the End User Model:

Logon to the JMX console on the Data Processing sever and locate and enter 'service=EUM Administration Service' under the Topaz section

Find 'validateEumModel'

Leave the customer ID blank (the default is 1)

Enter the Eum Model (this can be 'ALL' if you are checking everything or one of the listed values, e.g. BPM)

Full Model Scan: Enter 'yes' for a full validation (all items), or leave blank to check to application layer only

Fix Model If Needed: leave blank when just checking the model

Click on 'Invoke'

The output will return whether each model is valid or not and return discrepancies that include CI IDs (which can be used to trace issues if required)

If you do find errors, I recommend checking with HP Support before attempting to fix the model.

Regards,

Tim

0 Likes
DenisG Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Tim, thank you for your answer.

As a result of running jmx console as you said, the system returns this error :

bpm_webtrace is linked to agent and btf or application that does not have monitoring params bean. scriptId=1032 BtfId=nullappId=ce821c4117cb6c070b3d1fa371fabdb6 agentId=51

Are there any means to stop/remove the application/BTF as I'm unable to reach the GUI configuration please ?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Denis,

There are 3 options that I can think of, and I recommend the first if you are not comfortable with these, or you just want to be safe if it's a production environment.

1) Raise a support case

2) Rerun validateEumModel additionally answering 'yes' to 'Fix Model If Needed'.  Make sure you have a good backup of your systems just in case.

3) Go into Admin / RTSM Administration / Modeling / IT Universe Manager and try to locate the offending BTF.  You may be able to fix it from there if there are relationship issues.  You can delete the problem BTF if it's not needed, but you may leave orphan Business Transactions which would need to be manually deleted as well - as they would no longer be visible in the End User Monitors view

If you are having trouble identifying the BTF from it's unique ID, then try this:

Go to the DPS and access the JMX console of CMDB - http://<DPS_URL>:21212/jmx-console

Look for UCMDB:service=Model Services

Find the retriveObjectProperties function

Paste in the object ID and click on invoke to display the CI details (the customer ID is normally 1)

Regards,

Tim

0 Likes
DenisG Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Tim, this issue was due to a bad location. We had to remove it to retrieve monitoring panel for this application.

thank you for your help.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.