Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
ramesh9 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

KPI data on network device

Jump to solution

Dears

I have network switch which has 2 interfaces and I had defined default KPI and HI against them,

For Interface, Network Availability KPI and InterfaceCommunicationStatus HI is defined.
For network switch, Network Availability KPI and NodeStatus HI is defined.

When one of the interface goes down and when I generate KPI report, it shows Critical and 100% unavailability for the interface which is correct.

But for network switch also it shows Critical and 100% unavailability which is wrong, I believe it should show 50% availability based on number of Interfaces and Severity should be made as Major instead of Critical.

Is this possible to achieve, please advise.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: KPI data on network device

Jump to solution

of course it is possible.

you need to use different rule on the Swith KPI. the default "Worst status rule" is giving you the critical result. instead, if you will use "Percentage rule" it will be Minor (with the default thresholds).

you need to handle this KPI assignment in 2 places:

1) propagation rule - when the Network Availability propagates from Interface to Switch, then use "Percentage rule"
and
2) KPI Assignment - when Network availability is assigned directly to the Switch from "Node Status" HI, then it should also uses "Percentage rule" (and calculate based on 'HI + Children KPIs").

good luck

1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: KPI data on network device

Jump to solution

of course it is possible.

you need to use different rule on the Swith KPI. the default "Worst status rule" is giving you the critical result. instead, if you will use "Percentage rule" it will be Minor (with the default thresholds).

you need to handle this KPI assignment in 2 places:

1) propagation rule - when the Network Availability propagates from Interface to Switch, then use "Percentage rule"
and
2) KPI Assignment - when Network availability is assigned directly to the Switch from "Node Status" HI, then it should also uses "Percentage rule" (and calculate based on 'HI + Children KPIs").

good luck

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.