Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
ramesh9 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

KPI for parent based on child CI event

Hi

Is there any possibility of collecting KPI availabilty of parent based on child CI events without assigning KPIs to child CIs.

For example I have parent CI Virtualization which have around 200 ESXi servers as Child CIs.

Now if child CI is down and event is raised, whether I can collect KPI availabilty of parent.

I do not want to assign KPI assignment to child CI since it is manual process and there is no CLI support and I have around 200 child CIs.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: KPI for parent based on child CI event

KPI can be calculated from self HIs (HIs assigned to the same CI), sibling KPIs (again, KPIs of the same CI) or children KPIs.

KPI is not calcualted from Events. so as you see, you first need to map your events to HIs. then assigning KPIs at the children is done automatically using KPI Assignments and not manually as you claimed.

Asaf

0 Likes
ramesh9 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: KPI for parent based on child CI event

Asaf

Can you please clarify. As far as I understand I create new Indicator based on CI type, new KPI definition, new or modify existing KPI assignemnt based on CI type and then assign KPI to CI instances based on CI type in CI customizations.

Only then KPI data is calculated for child CI and propogated to parent CI

Can you please tell me how KPIs are assigned automatically at the children CIs using KPI Assignments

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.