Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Rajesh_K
New Member.

LDAP issue with SiteScope application.

Hello All,

We have recently configured LDAP to SiteScope application, seems like unable to login to the application.

Note:Test is succesful

I've enabled Debug mode for authentication and i see below error :

2015-08-31 10:57:44,076 [http-8080-Processor25] INFO - authentication successful, username =[rajesh]
2015-08-31 10:57:44,076 [http-8080-Processor25] ERROR - couldn't find UserConfig for the user rajesh
2015-08-31 10:57:44,091 [http-8080-Processor25] WARN - authentication failed, username =[]

Any thoughts?

---Rajesh
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Established Member.. kenneth.gonzale
Established Member..

Re: LDAP issue with SiteScope application.

This means that the LDAP server successfully authenticated the user, but SiS has no user permissions configurated for it. You need either to create roles for LDAP groups or enable all LDAP users as viewers in preferences, but they will not have any other permissions.

Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
0 Likes
ADPRJ Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I have the same issue. Authentication to AD is successful, but the user cannot login. I have a role created linked to an AD group. The user is a member of the AD group. I also verified the user is NOT in any other groups/roles related to the scope. Still the user cannot login. SiteScope 11.33.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
ADPRJ Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I had two LDAP issues recently where users could not login. Here were my two fixes:

1. Due to an upgrade from 11.24 to 11.33, one LDAP setting(User Mgmt Prefs>Default Settings>Edit) was missing:
    1. LDAP user group identification attribute name: member
  2. I had a corrupt role where the user was no longer a member of the corresponding AD group. The user was moved to a different role/AD group. I deleted the old role and recreated it and user was now able to login having the correct permissions of his new role.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.