Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Muzzer Contributor.
Contributor.

LR TruClient 12.60 Chromium scripts fail to run on BPM 9.50

Hi,

I have created a number of TruClient scripts using LR Vugen 12.53 and 12.60

I have a number of issues with the stability of the Chromium recorder which crashes, and on replay sometimes displays the error "The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\*****\Desktopo\BPM_Scripting\****\mdrv.log

I'm not sure if this is a red herring or an actual problem, maybe antivirus which cannot be disabled, but Vugen is whitelisted.

Also when i complete the script and deploy is i can see the errors in the following file on the BPM 9.50 instance.

The version file was not found, (C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\BPM\dat\Version.txt). Using default version 9.30

The version.txt is actually in C:\HP\BPM\dat\version.txt

Is there a problem running Chronium TC scripts on BPM 9.50?

thanks

0 Likes
4 Replies
Tech I Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: LR TruClient 12.60 Chromium scripts fail to run on BPM 9.50

You need to upgrade BPM to 9.51 in order to execute vugen 12.60 tru client script

Thanks,
0 Likes
Muzzer Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi All,

I have now installed BPM version 9.51, and am now using LR VuGen 12.55, however my TruClient Chromium scripts contine to abort and time out.

The only error i receive in the bpm_all log is

Script execution terminated unexpectidly, probably due to timeout.

I have created a VuGen Web HTTP/HTML script which runs ok, so the BPM's are working fine and reporting samples to APM.

Is there anything else i need to be aware of when creating Chronuim scripts in TruClient and running them in BPM? I have an another 12.55 Trueclient script that is running fine on a PIOC 9.40 BPM, but again fails/aborts and times out on 9.51 and 9.50. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes
Muzzer Contributor.
Contributor.

I have created a simple TruClient IE script which executes well , so the problem is only with Chromium.

Again any help greatfully appreciated.

Martin

Honored Contributor.. SuperCoolNothin Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Martin,

Did you cure the issue in the end? Is there a suport case attached to this issue at all?

I'm facing an issue with Chromium scripts too, and would love to see what can be achieved in this environment.

Kindest Regards,

Jim

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.