Contributor.. laguest Contributor..
Contributor..

Looking to have SiteScope affect Service Health after XX amount of occurrences of an Error

We have SiteScope integrated with BSM and OMi.

In SiteScope we don’t want to see an event in OMi and Service Health (360 view) until it’s been in alert for X amount of time.

We can do this by clearing the “Send Events” check mark in the monitors HP Integrations Settings under Properties.

Then also setting an Alert that triggers after X amount of times and selecting “Send Events” in the HP Operations Manager Integrations Settings on the Alert configuration tab.

But, when we run tests the event show up right away in Service Health, but it waits X amount of times to hit OMi.

How can we set this up so Service Health does not change state until the event is sent from SiteScope to OMi?

Thanks

Labels (3)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Looking to have SiteScope affect Service Health after XX amount of occurrences of an Error

>>>when we run tests the event show up right away in Service Health

Event cannot show up in Service Health. All events show up in Event Browser. Did you mean to say that HI/KPI of a monitored CI changed its color? If so, how do you know that it's due to event and not metric? Do you see a corresponding event in the Event Browser? What is the monitor setting for BSM Service Health Prioritization - events or metrics?

0 Likes
Contributor.. laguest Contributor..
Contributor..

Re: Looking to have SiteScope affect Service Health after XX amount of occurrences of an Error

Thank you for your reply.

Did you mean to say that HI/KPI of a monitored CI changed its color?

>>> Yes you are correct. The state changes in Service Health to a non OK state (no more green check mark)

If so, how do you know that it's due to event and not metric?

>>>In SiteScope we have an alert to not send the event until it happens 6 time in a row. After six times is when we see the event in OMi. My assumption then is that Service Health is being affected by the metric

Do you see a corresponding event in the Event Browser?

>>> No, when the threshold is first crossed the state changes in Service Health, but we don’t see the events in OMi until it has been in alert for 6 times

What is the monitor setting for BSM Service Health Prioritization - events or metrics?

>>> In SiteScope: Preferences > Integration Preferences > HP Operations Manager Integration > Configuration Settings > Prefer events over metrics in BSM Service Health (global preference) was “unchecked”. I did change this and run tests but the same condition still happens.

Thanks

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

>>> I did change this and run tests but the same condition still happens.

Of course, it will still happen, because what you did was useless. The global setting in the Preferences is not going to change anything with already existing monitors. It will only affect monitors created after that change. Also please read my replies carefully. I was asking "What is the monitor setting  ....". I didn't ask about setting in the Preferences.

So again check the monitor setting (BSM Service Health Prioritization ) for the monitor in question. If it's set to "metrics" change it to "events" and run the test again. If still no luck, create a new monitor and do the same for the new monitor to see if there is any difference.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.