Highlighted
Absent Member.. dwerbel Absent Member..
Absent Member..

MyBSM Global Page Permissions in BSM 9.1

I have created several custom MyBSM/Service Health pages.  Any user with admin privileges can see the pages and I know how to go through the admin settings to grant individual users permissions to each page.  However, I want to set global permissions so that every current and future user can have read-only access to the pages.

Is there a way to set permissions at page level instead of having to grant individual permissions?

Thanks!

0 Likes
5 Replies
Sujith Kumar C. Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: MyBSM Global Page Permissions in BSM 9.1

I am unable to understand the exact requirement but I presume that you want the users to have view permissions to the MY BAC dashboards you have created. I think this is pretty straight forward, you have the option in MY BSM admin page to grant read/modify the MY BAC page to a user or group. First crate the users/groups if they don't exist and then grant the view permissions to the user/group.

➤ Predefined Pages. These pages are defined out-of-the-box. Users cannot add, modify, or remove components on these pages. The only operation that can be defined via user permissions is View, to enable a user to view these pages.
➤ User Pages and User Components. Users can be granted permissions to perform the following operations on user-defined pages and components: Add, Change, View, Delete, and Full Control.

Regards,

Sujith

Close the thread if your issue is resolved to make the thread meaningful and complete. Do show gratitude to people who helped you by assigning points.
0 Likes
Established Member.. Pradeep_30
Established Member..

I have seen that. Go to Service Health under permissions > User Reports and provide the view access.

HTH

0 Likes
Absent Member.. dwerbel Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Thanks for the help, but unfortunately, that requires selecting each user and explicitly granting them permissions to the service health page.  We are integrated with LDAP and each user who logs into BSM the first time gets created as a new user.  I want to make sure that each new user who logs in has default access to the service health pages that have been created.  It is not possible to have an admin grant permissions to the pages each time a new user logs in.

Thanks,

Dan

0 Likes
Established Member.. Pradeep_30
Established Member..

The option to that would be to create a group and map OU to that. And you can give access to that group. It will be inherited to users loggin in.

HTH

0 Likes
Emoneymoney Absent Member.
Absent Member.

yes  let put it ankwhere you think best

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.