Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

New BSM Gateway connectivity issue

Hello,

So I've installed new gateway to an existing BSM 9.x environment which consists of one DPS server (BSMDPS), one DB (BSMDB) and now two gateways (BSMGTW and BSMGTW2).

I've managed to pass the server config utility on new gateway (BSMGTW2) and I can log-in to BSM via BSMGTW2. The problem is when I try to access any option like Analysis reports or SAM -> Add new SiteScope.

Log (connectionpool.log) shows rows like:

"Failed to create a connection for pool: dbType=(SQL Server); hostName=bsmdb.xxxx.yyy.zzz\hpbsm; dbName=BSM_Profile; userName=sa; server=bsmdb.xxxx.yyy.zzz\hpbsm; sid=; port=1433"

I can telnet port 1433@bsmdb from bsmgtw2 - I can also log in to manage the DB remotely via db client.

I've tried running the db_verify tool from HPBSM directory, and it shows error on the first step:

running task:com.mercury.topaz.dbverify.tasks.SessionExploreTask:

Problems occurred while trying to connect to the existing BSM profile
 database(s)/user schema(s).
Correct any existing database errors, or remove the BSM profile
 database(s)/user schema(s) from the Sessions table in the BSM
 Management database/user schema.

The following incorrect connection parameters were found in the Sessions table:
dbType=(SQL Server); hostName=bsmdb.xxxx.yyy.zzz\hpbsm; dbName=BSM_Profile; userName=sa; server=bsmdb.xxxx.yyy.zzz\hpbsm; sid=DEFAULT_SID; port=1433

Will this workaround work ? :

Create another BSM_Profile(with different name, like BSM_Profile_GTW2) database for probes (SiteScope, BPM) connecting to BSM via BSMGTW2, leaving original BSM_Profile database for RUM which is connecting to BSM via BSMGTW.

Regards,

Blichew

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: New BSM Gateway connectivity issue

Hi,

As you have now installed a new gateway server my understanding is you have to

1. Set up a loadbalancer

2. Point the first GW server to the loadbalancer

3. Install the second GW server referencing the loadbalancer

This is how I had set up my current system and it works fine. The reason for the failure possibly is you are trying to setup a second GW reference and the DB is not accepting this.

Regards,

Parag

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.