Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. MikeAlpha Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Probe and Engine Time Difference status is critical

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am having an issue in RUM system health. it is showing "Probe and Engine Time Difference status is critical".

kindly help. suggest an appropriate solution.

Best Regards

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Outstanding Contributor.. Mohd_25 Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Probe and Engine Time Difference status is critical

Jump to solution

Time difference between Esx machine and the VM machine might be causing issue.

As per document for RUM 9.50 i can see.

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/doc/KM03163971?fileName=RealUserMonitorAdmin.pdf

"Where the identified time difference between the RUM Engine and the probe is greater than a minute (applies for Sniffer or Client Monitor probe - this can happen even if the products are on the same physical VM or server), it is recommended to set the ProbeSyncTimeIntervalMin value on the Engine to 10 minutes (default is 1440 minutes). Change from the RUM JMX console: http://:8180/jmxconsole/ HtmlAdaptor?action=inspectMBean &name =RUM.modules%3Aservice %3DConfigurationManagerConf"

Please read the document directly for better view.

"Compare system time and time zone on the APM, RUM Engine, and RUM Probe servers. They should display the current time +/- 2 minutes. l If the APM server is deployed on a virtual machine (VM), check the APM Gateway JMX: (http://:29000/ mbean?objectname=Mercury %3Aservice%3DDate %2FTime+Manager). The GMTTime should display the current time in terms of GMT+0. An incorrect time indicates a time drift on the ESX server hosting the VM. To resolve this problem: l Contact the ESX server admins. or l Resolve the time difference locally on the RUM Engine as follows: i. In a text editor, open the file \conf\common\comm on.properties ii. Locate the line TimeService=BAC and change it to TimeService=LOCAL"

11 Replies

Jump to solution

Did you checked the Probe and Enginer server time zone or time ? probably this will be different.

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Mohd,

Hope you doing well. I appreciate your concern. I have checked these things they are same. RUM engine and RUM probe are installed on different VMs. Issue is something else. Kindly help.

Regards

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Check the timing of EsX hosts and the VMs. Also what version you using ?

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Mohd, ESXI time is 9:20 UTC and my VM time is 11:20. ESXI is 6.5.

How to solve RUM engine issue? kindly suggest steps.

Regards

0 Likes

Jump to solution

So its a basically different time right..

ESX time : 9:20 UTC

VM time : 11:20 UTC

What is the BSM/APM Version ?

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Mohd,

Here are the details:

APM verison is 9.5. it is installed on Linux. APM VM time is 11:24 AM.

APM ESXI is different from RUM ESXI its time is 6:40 UTC.

RUM ESXI time is 9:48 UTC.

RUM engine vm time is 9:50 AM

RUM probe vm time is 9:50 AM.

RUM wen console is giving me 12:05 PM

My system time is 11:51 AM.

rum version is 9.5.

looking for an appropriate solution.

Best Regards

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Time difference between Esx machine and the VM machine might be causing issue.

As per document for RUM 9.50 i can see.

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/doc/KM03163971?fileName=RealUserMonitorAdmin.pdf

"Where the identified time difference between the RUM Engine and the probe is greater than a minute (applies for Sniffer or Client Monitor probe - this can happen even if the products are on the same physical VM or server), it is recommended to set the ProbeSyncTimeIntervalMin value on the Engine to 10 minutes (default is 1440 minutes). Change from the RUM JMX console: http://:8180/jmxconsole/ HtmlAdaptor?action=inspectMBean &name =RUM.modules%3Aservice %3DConfigurationManagerConf"

Please read the document directly for better view.

"Compare system time and time zone on the APM, RUM Engine, and RUM Probe servers. They should display the current time +/- 2 minutes. l If the APM server is deployed on a virtual machine (VM), check the APM Gateway JMX: (http://:29000/ mbean?objectname=Mercury %3Aservice%3DDate %2FTime+Manager). The GMTTime should display the current time in terms of GMT+0. An incorrect time indicates a time drift on the ESX server hosting the VM. To resolve this problem: l Contact the ESX server admins. or l Resolve the time difference locally on the RUM Engine as follows: i. In a text editor, open the file \conf\common\comm on.properties ii. Locate the line TimeService=BAC and change it to TimeService=LOCAL"

Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Mohd,

Thank you so much for your help. Really appreciate that. Let me perform these steps. then i'll let you know.

Thanks again.

Best regards

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Mohd,

thank you so much for your suggestions. with your help i have resolved the time difference issue. but now getting another issue which is "Minor" status for "Probe Channels Data Flow". need help to solve that status.

Regards

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Happy to hear that ! 

As per document again, if its minor then might be its because " Probe has not produced new data for some time" You can wait for some time. Or to troubleshoot it says

"Problem with the connection between the RUM Engine and the RUM Probe, or problems with one or more channels on the Probe side: l Check the \log\ bbretriever.log file

Try to restart the RUM Probe"

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Mohd,

Hope you doing well. I am having minor status for these two in RUM engine system health  "probe Channel rum-cbd Total Guarantee Delivery Files" and "probe Channel rum-pages Total Guarantee Delivery Files". kindly suggest a solution to solve that issue.

Best Regards

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.