Respected Contributor.. Keith Moseley Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

RUM 9.25 Application Availability Event triggering

Jump to solution

We have a RUM installation that is monitoring/ measuring SAP transactions.

The solution has not been built to manage the availability of the application, but only to gather performance metrics and create reports for them.

Recently, I have noticed that we are seeing events being generated on the BSM platform indicating that the SAP User session availability is critical. More specifically we get the following event in the event console:

SAP:Real User Sessions Availability status changed from OK to Critical

There are no Alerts configured anywhere in the system for this RUM Monitorng solution.

The source of the event is from the Primary DP (Active DP) of the BSM installation - there are no source policies referred to in the event, so it seems to me that this is an "internal event" emanating from EUM/BSM.

Anyone have any idea about

a) Where is this event coming from ?
b) How do I stop the event from being generated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: RUM 9.25 Application Availability Event triggering

Jump to solution

this event came from HI status change. in BSM9.x all RUM (and BPM) HIs are configured to send event on status changes.

you can turn it off via Admin > Service Health > Repositories > Indicators, select the CIT (Business Application in your case), edit the HI and remove the checkbox "generate event".

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

this event came from HI status change. in BSM9.x all RUM (and BPM) HIs are configured to send event on status changes.

you can turn it off via Admin > Service Health > Repositories > Indicators, select the CIT (Business Application in your case), edit the HI and remove the checkbox "generate event".

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.. Keith Moseley Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks very much for the reply - exactly what I was looking for .

BR

Keith Moseley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.