RAHUL_CHAMP_222 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

RUM Traffic issue

HI All,

We are able to see RUM Traffic in wireshark but not in RUM probe traffic discovery for expected IP. kindly suggest.RUM.png

0 Likes
8 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: RUM Traffic issue

Hi Rahul,

Please, check if NIC with required traffic is consumed by the Probe (by default Probe is consuming all local network devices, but that might be changed).

Next guess is the amount if traffic. For discovery Sniffer Probe needs rather significant and diverse traffic (i think threshold is might be about 100 connections within some period of time). I think it will be good idea to leave discovery for at least 24 hours.

Best regards, Alexey

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Hi,

where to set below settings.

I think it will be good idea to leave discovery for at least 24 hours.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Rahul,

Just start the Traffic Discovery from the RUM Engine Console and leave it working.

Recheck discovered traffic next day if there is your Server IP.

Best regards, Alexey

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Rahul,

as you didn't mention the RUM probe version you are using,
if it is 9.40, check out this article:

(BSM) Support Tip: RUM 9.40 - Unable to use Probe Traffic Discovery
at
https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Application-Performance/BSM-Support-Tip-RUM-9-40-Unable-to-use-Probe-Traffic-Discovery/m-p/1625972#M4550

Greetings
Siggi

Customer Support
Micro Focus

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Hi,

thanks for suggestion but, still web server IP is not showing in taffic discovery. even i have applied certificate.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Are you trying to monitor encrypted traffic?

If so, ensure it's the private key that you have loaded (not certificate), and also check that Diffie-Hellman ciphers are not being used.  It is possible to disable those ciphers in most applications if they are in use.

Regards,

Tim

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

I think here might be a misunderstanding. There are 2 different mechanisms in RUM: a) Traffic Discovery (enabled\disbaled from RUM Engine Web console for Probe) and b) Tier Discovery (EUM Admin > Application settings).

In case a) you do not need a server key uploaded. Traffic Discovery doesn't monitor, just discovers all traffic you have available at RUM Sniffer Probe (you can use result of discovery in order to define new applications, tiers, estimate throughput etc).

b) feature discovers back-end tiers. For example, if you have IP 1.1.1.1 on the main front-end application, this feature will discover all tiers where this IP is client (Server: To discover <> Client: 1.1.1.1). It requires server keys to be uploaded, of course.

So, which one do you mean?

Best regards, Alexey

Respected Contributor.. MikeAlpha Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Hi Alex,

Hope you doing well. Your answers about RUM are very accurate and precise.

I am new in RUM.

Having problem in viewing rum sniffer probe data in APM application health.

APM and RUM engine connection is established.
RUM sniffer probe is up and running.
Scripts are created and configured in APM.
Can view application performance/responce for BPM.
but no data for RUM. i am using simple HTTP web based script.

Kindly suggest an appropriate solution. What i am missing?

Best Regards

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.