Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Rum Pages and Transaction Reports showing nodata

Hi All,

I have integrated rum 8.04 with BAC 8.01.

The problem the BAC is showing the session analyzer data for the pages for any specific time frame but at the same time no data is shown in page summary and transaction summary report.

Please find the attached file for the reference.

Please help.

Thanks and Regards,

woodrow

0 Likes
18 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Rum Pages and Transaction Reports showing nodata

Any error observed under HPRUM_all.ejb.log file:?

Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Also ensure that port 8180 (default) is accessible by the bac server to the RUM engine.

Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Please help me with this .I m also facing the same issue.I m getting data in session analyzer but no data in transaction summary.

Any help would be appreciated .

Thanks in Advance

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What should i look for in this log file.Here is my log file

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Can you see data in other RUM Reports, shuch as Action Summary, Application Infrastructure Summary or Global Statistics?

If it's just Transaction Summary (an possibly Action Summary), then it could be down to the transaction/action definitions.

Here are some questions that may help troubleshooting:

What version of BSM and RUM are you using?

Is this a new RUM application, or was it previously working?

Regards,

Tim

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RUM is keeping raw data in RUM DB, aggregated data in BSM Profile DB. Do you see clickstream pages for this application from Session Analyser>> Session Details? If yes - you probably have problems with querying data from Profile DB or samples delivery to Profile DB. I think in both cases it is reasonable to open a support case.

Best regards, Alexey 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I can only see data in session summary and session analyzer summary reports. i cannot see data in action summary and infrastructure summary as well.

My RUM and BSM are both 9.25 version and the RUM application is new.

Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I little bit wierd symthoms - you are seeing only Raw RUM data from RUM DB and you cannot see RUM aggregated data from Profile DB and topology data from RTSM.

Please check RUM connectivity to RTSM (RUM WebConsole >> Configuration >> BSM Connection Settings).

Best regards, Alexey

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have checked the BSM settings in RUM Web console.The settings are correct and i have also tested the RTSM password successfully.

Let me know if there are any other checks that i can do.

Thanks

Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

If Application Infrastructure Summary shows no data, then it most likely means no data for that application is coming into BSM, or it's not getting into the profile database.

Can you check the health summary on the RUM Engine Web console?  Are any monitors showing red?

Are there any errors in HPRUM.all.ejb.log on the RUM Engine?

Can you see samples being created and sent in the 'Samples...' section (the last one on the main health screen)?

Check for errors on BSM:

Data Processing server - Partition Manager log (...\log\pmanager\pmanager.log) - errors here could mean that BSM is not able to create new partitions in the profile database so cannot insert data

Gateway server(s) - DB Loader log (...\log\db_loader\loader.log) - errors here could mean that samples are not getting loaded

Regards,

Tim

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I have performed all the checks that u stated.Here are the details

I generated the traffic through loadrunner as well as by manually hitting the urls but still i cannot see data in BSM.

I checked the health summary on the RUM Engine Web console.All the monitors are showing green.I have attached the screenshot for the same

I have attached the HPRUM.all.ejb.log file.

Samples are being created and sent in the 'Samples...' section

Check for errors on BSM:

I have attached both the log files pmanager.log and loader.log

Regards,

Nikhil

Thanks

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.