Absent Member.. Will G Absent Member..
Absent Member..

SAM Admin help ....

Having some issues with SAM (actually never had much luck with it) and was hoping I could get a few pointers or tips/tricks.

1. What browser works best?  I've tried IE/FireFox/Chrome and each have their quirks that make it hard to use.

2. Copy/Paste monitors from one sitescope to another doesn't carry over all the information.  For example we use search/filter tags but they don't copy over from one instance to another.

3. Clicking from one SiteScope to another SiteScope resets my session each time so I have to find my monitor in the tree each time I click off that sitescope instance.  Almost like java has to re-login each time I click.  And it could be just seconds in between clicks.

Thanks

Will

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: SAM Admin help ....

Hi Will,

What version of BSM and SiteScope are you using?

1.  For question 1, IE and Firefox are what we officially support.

2.  From what I can see, Search/Filter tags aren't part of the monitor, they are part of SiteScope (Search/Filters are under Preferences, which means they are Global), which is probably why they don't carry over.

3.  I wasn't able to duplicate this on a lab box, but it might be version specific.  Our lab doesn't use logins, which may also be a reason I don't see the behavior.  Are you using User Logins for SiteScope?

Eric Shaffer

"HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Will G Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Eric,

Tags are attributes of a monitor.  They are defined in preferences but they are assigned to a monitor (similar to a schedule).

They should be carried over, no?

BSM integration is setup to use the admin account in sitescope.

thanks

Will

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Will,

From the Application Administration doc for SAM Admin:

Note: When copying monitors, groups, or other entities between multiple SiteScope
instances, tag assignments are lost even if the tags that were assigned to the copied
entities on the source SiteScope are present on the target SiteScope.

So, this is a known limitation.

Eric Shaffer

"HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.