Absent Member.. venkatsajja Absent Member..
Absent Member..

SHA installation documents for trail version

Hi All,

I have downloaded  SHA  trail version, So please provide SHA  installation steps  for trail version.

Regards,

Venkat

0 Likes
9 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: SHA installation documents for trail version

What BSM version do you have?

0 Likes
Absent Member..

BSM 9.20

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

BSM 9.20 includes SHA already, you cannot install SHA separately. 

This is different from BSM 9.12/9.13 where SHA indeed required a separate installation.

In BSM 9.20 you can only install separately SHA data collectors for NNMi or PA. If you need either of them.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi Dmitry,

I am using SHA in BSM 9.20 Trail version. But it is asking License file.

Regards,
Venkat
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

So what? License file is required to enable and work with SHA in BSM. It has nothing to do with SHA installation. I already told you that for any trial licenses that are not included in the product by default, you have to contact your HP sales rep.

0 Likes
gopi_g Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Venkat,

I am also Downloading trial version of BSM 9.20.

It contains many packages like BSM, Data collectors 1,2,3,4, SHA Data collectors, SDR, System Health.

I am going to install only BSM & BPM.

Do I need to download all the packages?

I hope you can help me since you have already downloaded the Trial version.

Regards,

Gopi

0 Likes
kobyah Absent Member.
Absent Member.

you don't need to download all the packages only the BSM and the data collector that have the BPM instillation.
0 Likes
lawrence14 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

What is the difference of Data Collector 1, Data Collector 2 and so on, to SHA Data Collectors? What should i need to install?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Lawrence,

as stated already, to start with SHA, you don't need to install anything additional.

Out of the box SHA can be configured to monitor Business Transactions and more, you can also enable the monitoring of SiteScope data.

The SHA Data collectors are only required if you wanna collect NNMi or PA data:

SHA Data Collector for Network Node Manager i
This data collector uses the Network Performance Smart Plug-In to collect metrics from NNMi
and convert them to a CSV format that can be read by SHA.

SHA Data Collector for Performance Agent

This data collector polls data from the available Performance Agent (PA) as appears in the HP

Operations Manager (HPOM).

For the other various DVDs for BSM 9.20:

Installation_for_Win_TB998-15017.iso                BSM 9.20 Windows Installation
 Installation_for_Linux_TB998-15018.iso              BSM 9.20 Linux Installation
 Data_Collectors_1_TB998-15019.iso                   BPM, Vugen, RUM Installation bits
 Data_Collectors_2_TB998-15020.iso                   SiteScope Installation bits
 Data_Collectors_3_TB998-15021.iso                   Diagnostics Installation bits
 Data_Collectors_4_TB998-15022.iso                   BPI, DataFlowProbe, TV, UCMDBBrowser Installation bits
 BSM_Connector_9.20_TB998-15023.iso                           BSM 9.20 Connector Installation bits for Windows and Linux
 System_Health_9.20_TB998-15024.iso                           BSM 9.20 System Health Installation bits
 SHA_Data_Collector_9.20_for_Win_TB998-15025.iso              SHA 9.20 Data Collector for Windows Installation bits
 HP_SHA_Data_Collector_9.20_for_Linux_TB998-15026.iso            SHA 9.20 Data Collector for Linux Installation bits
 SDR ( TB998-15027.iso )                                                                                SDR (Data Replicator for staging upgrade)

So for SHA you do need metric data, collected by BPM, or SiteScope, or RUM, or, or, or, then of course you need to install (and license) these collectors.

If you plan to harvest data from NNM or PA, you need to install the SHA Data Collectors.

So we have "data collectors" like BPM, RUM, SiteScope,

and

"sha data collectors"

just to confuse everyone and keep this forum alive.

Greetings

Siggi

Greetings

Siggi

Customer Support
Micro Focus

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.