Ali_A Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SIS_11.32 disable ssh2out log

Hi Alli,

I have under SiteScope\logs\mindterm some log files in this format (IP).ssh2out.log  wich making my disk full.

Any idea how to disable this log .

Thanks,

Ali.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: SIS_11.32 disable ssh2out log

Hi Ali,
most likely you do have DEBUG logging enabled for SiteScope.

Check out the file
  <SiteScope>\conf\core\Tools\log4j\PlainJava\log4j.properties
and a search for DEBUG in the loglevels, for example
 monitor.loglevel=DEBUG
or
 log4j.category.com.mercury.sitescope.util.ssh=DEBUG,, monitors.appender
or alike.

If found, change it to ERROR, and the files should no longer be created.

Greetings
Siggi

Customer Support
Micro Focus

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Ali,

are these logs filling with error messages or debug messages?

If it's debug messages these are confroled via "C:\SiteScope\conf\core\Tools\log4j\PlainJava\log4j.properties" and typically disabled.

If it's error messages, then it might be better to investigate and resolve the root cause.

For disabling debugs edit "C:\SiteScope\conf\core\Tools\log4j\PlainJava\log4j.properties" and:

• endure that loglevel is set to:
                    loglevel=ERROR
  • search "log4j.category.SSHTrace" and ensure that it is set to INFO:
                    log4j.category.SSHTrace=INFO, monitors.appender
    • search "log4j.category.com.mercury.sitescope.util.ssh" and ensure that it is set to
                      log4j.category.com.mercury.sitescope.util.ssh=${monitor.loglevel}, monitors.appender

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Bernhard

0 Likes
Ali_A Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Bernhard, 

I ckecked on C:\SiteScope\conf\core\Tools\log4j\PlainJava\log4j.properties and all parametrs are disable but i can see always new logs genrerated . here i ask is this paralmeter log4j.category.SSHTrace=INFO, monitors.appender  should be INFO ??

BR,

Ali.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Ali,

yes, log4j.category.SSHTrace=INFO is the default setting.

Can you check if you have the "trace" option selected in the SiteScope Remote configuration for the systems still writing to the logs? If yes, unselect this option.

If the systems still write logs contact me through a private message and share the logs, a sceenshot of the remote configuration and the log4j.properties file.

Best Regards

Bernhard

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Ali,

thanks for providing me the log files from your system.

Enabling / Disabling debugs for ssh sessions via the log4j.properties file will only affect new ssh sessions. The sessions which started up with debug logging enabled will continue to run in debug mode and write log files. SiteScope used connection caching for SSH instead of starting new ssh sessios for each monitor run. Therefore you see some sessions still writing debug information.

To close these sessions either restart SiteScope, or kill the according sshd processes on the remote server side. SiteScope will reconnect with a new ssh session without writing debug messages.

Best Regards

Bernhard

PS: Please mark the thread as solved, if this resolves your issue.

0 Likes
Ali_A Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Bernhard,

Thank you for this great idea but  I tried to kill sshd session then i tried even to restart sitescop but always i got this log files !!!

BR,

Ali.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.