Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. yangnigon Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

SSL Support for BPM 9.3 Admin

Jump to solution

Hello community,

I have a couple of questions about modifying the server.xml in <BPM installation directory>\ServletContainer\conf\server.xml

I have followed the BPM admin guide where it says "Uncomment the section with Connector port =8443" and add information about keystore (location, password, type) as below:

<Connector port="8443" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true" server="Powered by HP"
maxThreads="150" scheme="https" secure="true"
clientAuth="false" sslEnabledProtocols="TLSv1,TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2"
ciphers="TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA, TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA,
TLS_DHE_DSS_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA"
keystoreFile="E:\abc_keystore.jks" keystoreType="JKS" keystorePass="keystorePassword" />

I looked at the <BPM Installation directory>\HP\BPM\ServletContainer\temp\logs\catalina.<date>.log

It showed that using conf/server.xml: The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup. I assume this indicates the formatting is not right when adding the red highlighted.

I believe this is what Tim mentioned in the post below
https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Application-Perf-Mgmt-BAC-BSM/How-to-Configure-SSL-Support-for-BPM-9-3-Admin/td-p/1626284#M62622

Does anyone know what formatting guideline I need to obey or follow? I just went on based on what I saw in the guideline but server.ml didn't like the content in it.

If anyone has an idea then please let me know.

Thanks,

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: SSL Support for BPM 9.3 Admin

Jump to solution

Hi,

Try using either double back slashes or single forward slashes in the key store path:

For example, either:

"E:\\abc_keystore.jks"

or

"E:/abc_keystore.jks"

Regards,

Tim

0 Likes
3 Replies

Jump to solution

Here is an additonal info:

15-Dec-2017 14:11:44.585 WARNING [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load Catalina.start using conf/server.xml: The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.
15-Dec-2017 14:11:44.600 SEVERE [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester.fatalError Parse Fatal Error at line 104 column 10: The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.
 org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId: file:/E:/HP/BPM/ServletContainer/conf/server.xml; lineNumber: 104; columnNumber: 10; The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:203)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:177)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:400)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:327)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(XMLScanner.java:1437)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.startOfMarkup(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:2637)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:2735)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:606)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:510)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:848)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:777)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:141)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1213)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:643)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1451)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:551)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:613)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:351)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:485)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
    at org.rzo.yajsw.app.WrapperJVMMain.executeMain(WrapperJVMMain.java:53)
    at org.rzo.yajsw.app.WrapperJVMMain.main(WrapperJVMMain.java:36)

15-Dec-2017 14:11:44.600 WARNING [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load Catalina.start using conf/server.xml: The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.
15-Dec-2017 14:11:44.600 SEVERE [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start Cannot start server. Server instance is not configured.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

Try using either double back slashes or single forward slashes in the key store path:

For example, either:

or

"E:/abc_keystore.jks"

Regards,

Tim

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Tim,

Thanks for response.

As suspected, it was a syntax issue.

Tried one of your suggestaions and it worked.

Thanks!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.