Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Absent Member.. Denis Peuziat Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Scheduled Reports Email are not getting send HP BSM

Hello,

Environment : HP BSM 9.21.131, Build 113 (No patches installed)

Problem :

I have created some reports about application monitoring integrity through BPM. When I try to send this report by email directly, all is working fine. But when I try to schedule the report mailing, it doesn't work. 

Here the type of error I can found in topaz.all.ejb logs :

2013-07-10 15:44:45,936 [ajp-0.0.0.0-8009-1] (ScheduleReportExecuter.java:113) ERROR - fail to create offline request 1
java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\HPBSM\AppServer\webapps\site.war\Imgs\chartTemp\offline\Report_Report_Applications_Summary -Day-10\07\2013 34041 PM.pdf (The system cannot find the path specified)
	at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
	at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:212)
	at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:165)
	at com.mercury.am.bac.core.scheduleReports.entities.utils.ScheduleReportExecuter.execute(ScheduleReportExecuter.java:108)
	at com.mercury.am.bac.core.scheduleReports.entities.utils.EmailReportsHelper.emailReportNow(EmailReportsHelper.java:53)
	at com.mercury.am.bac.core.scheduleReports.servlet.actions.EmailReportAction.emailNow(EmailReportAction.java:64)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
	at org.apache.struts.actions.DispatchAction.dispatchMethod(DispatchAction.java:276)
	at org.apache.struts.actions.DispatchAction.execute(DispatchAction.java:196)
	at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:421)
	at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:226)
	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1164)
	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:415)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:710)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
	at com.mercury.bac.ha.centers.HALoginStateFilter.doFilter(HALoginStateFilter.java:137)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
	at com.mercury.topaz.webinfra.filters.NoCacheFilter.doFilter(NoCacheFilter.java:52)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
	at com.mercury.am.bac.core.ui.utils.gzip.GZipServletFilter.doFilter(GZipServletFilter.java:77)
	at org.owasp.stinger.StingerFilter.doFilter(StingerFilter.java:128)
	at com.mercury.topaz.webinfra.filters.UserStatsLogFilter.doFilter(UserStatsLogFilter.java:101)
	at com.mercury.topaz.reportsExt.login.BacLwSsoFilter.doFilter(BacLwSsoFilter.java:541)
	at com.mercury.topaz.reportsExt.login.BacIdmSsoFilter.doFilter(BacIdmSsoFilter.java:122)
	at com.hp.sw.bto.ast.security.lwsso.LWSSOFilter.doFilter(LWSSOFilter.java:74)
	at com.mercury.topaz.webinfra.filters.SupportedLocaleFilter.doFilter(SupportedLocaleFilter.java:25)
	at com.mercury.j2f.j2eeutils.GZipSetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(GZipSetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:189)
	at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:230)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
	at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:182)
	at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:84)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
	at com.mercury.topaz.reportsExt.login.RenewSessionValve.invoke(RenewSessionValve.java:72)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:262)
	at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.process(AjpProcessor.java:437)
	at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProtocol$AjpConnectionHandler.process(AjpProtocol.java:366)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:446)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
2013-07-10 15:44:46,132 [http-0.0.0.0-8080-4] (EmailServlet.java:113) ERROR - failed to send email no html stream found.Expected for:D:\HPBSM\AppServer/webapps/site.war\Imgs\chartTemp\offline\2013 34041 PM.pdf

And I can see it's normal that it didn't find the file because in HBSM/AppServer/webapps/site.war/Imgs/charTemp/offline/ folder my report is in this format :

Report_9127616882940793644.html

Someone can help on this problem, please ?

PS : Just for information the name of the report corresponding to the log on the BSM configuration website is :

Report_Applications_Summary

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Scheduled Reports Email are not getting send HP BSM

Hi Denis,

please have a look at this post

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Application-Perf-Mgmt-BAC-BSM/bd-p/itrc-875

this looks almost identical.

Greetings

Siggi

Customer Support
Micro Focus

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hello,

You mean this post ? : http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Application-Perf-Mgmt-BAC-BSM/BAC-Scheduled-reports-are-not-being-sent/td-p/5933403#.Ud1zNPlA0k0

I have read it, and it doesn't really match my problem. Because in my case no PDF is generated and it's not a problem about folder. Besides how can I change the name automatically generated of the report like in my example (to delete spaces)

Report_Report_Applications_Summary -Day-10\07\2013 34041 PM.pdf

whereas the name of the report in the web console is :

Report_Applications_Summary

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Denis,

sorry, I should have checked better.

The error message and the path looked so bad to me that I didn't check further:
 D:\HPBSM\AppServer\webapps\site.war\Imgs\chartTemp\offline\Report_Report_Applications_Summary -Day-10\07\2013 34041 PM.pdf
 (The system cannot find the path specified)

This issue is actually known problem

Scheduled reports defect : date converted to a string (it includes backslashes which converted to directories)
 => QCCR1I79528 In some locales scheduled reports are not sent due to improper conversion of date strings.

As dates are converted to use backslashes, Windows uses them as directory separator, and thus fails to find the file.

The problem is fixed in BSM 9.22, there is no patch for BSM 9.21, so your only option is to upgrade to 9.22

Greetings
Siggi

Customer Support
Micro Focus

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hello,

Wow, okay that's bad news. Do you have any documentation about BSM upgrade 9.21 to 9.22 ?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.