Highlighted
Absent Member.. BCollins Absent Member..
Absent Member..

SiteScope 11.32 Port Monitor - UDP Questions

Good morning all;

I am having some difficulty setting up a SiteScope 11.32 Port Monitor - the port I need to monitor is Port 514 over a UDP connection - however, after a couple hours troubleshooting (ensuring firewall isn't blocking it, network segmentation isn't the issue, etc), it has come to my attention that SiteScope appears to be sending a TCP connection instead of the required UDP connection. 

Is there any way to force a UDP port check? I did not find anything browsing around the internet that indicated this was possible, or how to do so, so I come to you hoping for advice.

Thanks!

-Brian

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: SiteScope 11.32 Port Monitor - UDP Questions

When you have any specific technical questions related to HPE products, you should start browsing HPE Support Knowledge Base for an answer, not the internet.

How to use the Port Monitor to listen for packets on UDP

0 Likes
Absent Member.. BCollins Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: SiteScope 11.32 Port Monitor - UDP Questions

When I attempt to follow your link, I get a message saying simple "You don't have permission "

EDIT - nevermind - didn't realize I hadn't linked my HP SAID to my account. Got in, thanks!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.