Absent Member.. bhavikmehta Absent Member..
Absent Member..

SiteScope LDAP integration

Hello,

We are using sitescope 11.10. Want to know how to enable LDAP authentication in sitescope. I tried to check "enable LDAP authentication" under user management preferences, I tested it and shows "test successful" message box (here i used my credentials to search in LDAP). Here I just put LDAP server URL and LDAP credentials. Didn't put anything under LDAP context.

If I try to login after deleting my account from sitescope, it shows invalid ID and password. That means it is not integrated with LDAP. Anything I missed? I tried to created user role also but didn't get what to put under user role context..

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
10 Replies
Riya_Roy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: SiteScope LDAP integration

you need to add your username of LDAP & assign role to it from sitescope.

During login into sitescope LDAP user will take password from LDAP directory.

Dont delete username from Sitescope.

Regards,
Riya Roy

Ship in harbor is safe -- but that is not what ships are built for …
0 Likes
Absent Member.. bhavikmehta Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Then what is the use of LDAP integration?? I think LDAP integration enables you to allow users to login even if we have not added in sitescope, isn't it? I read manual, it says it creates temporary user profile and deletes once user is logged off from sitescope..

0 Likes
Riya_Roy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes you should able to login into your sitescope web console although your LDAP ID don't map into sitescope console. But here your access is limited (guest user)

So if you want to give custom rights to AD user you should map that LDAP ID into sitescope console.
Regards,
Riya Roy

Ship in harbor is safe -- but that is not what ships are built for …
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Video on SiteScope LDAP integration - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rntIjPOqdJs

Tedward Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am also having some trouble with getting LDAP working. I have already watched that video, but it wasn't helpful in my particular case. We are using v11.01, which may or may not be the issue. At 1 minute 22 seconds into the video, the presenter clicks the "Default Settings" drop down. I, unfortunately, don't have that drop down. I followed the other instructions fully up to that point. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Established Member.. kenneth.gonzale
Established Member..

Hi Tedward,

This video is about new LDAP integration available since 11.10. In your case you need to use old integration which is to create every user manually in SiS and put the LDAP provider and the user DN (distinguish name string) instead of a password.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
0 Likes
Contributor.. makol Contributor..
Contributor..

We have SiS 11.24 with LDAPS integration, everything seems to be fine - just wondering - it shows only 1000 users when tested in, obviously we have much more...on the YT video overhere it shows also 1000 users 😄

0 Likes
Established Member.. kenneth.gonzale
Established Member..

By default LDAP shows first 1000 available users, but if you set up the roles correctly all users should be able to login.

Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
DavidLopes Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What do you mean "Set up roles correctly"? We have way more than 1000 users on LDAP, how can I make it so Sitescope filters them?

0 Likes

Video LDAP User Management  ?

Best regards,
Sylvain HALOPEAU
AccorHotels DigitalServices CIS
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.