Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SiteScope LogFile Monitor

Jump to solution

I'm attempting to monitor a directory of log files.

Each file is named with Year-Month-Date and ends random string of digits separate by underscores (ex. 20131212_315426_97_4987.log)

I'm able to monitor the contents of said files without issue, but only when cropping off the unpredictable digits (so the above file would simply read 20131212.log). I can't seem to wrap my mind around using variables listed in "Using Regular Expressions" guide included with SiteScope.

I always receive the "unable to read log file" error when attempting to read the orignal, uncoppred files.

For example, I've tried read logs in the directory with the following string in the "Log File Pathname" field in SS:

s/\\server\directory\$year$$month$$day$*.log/

s/\\server\directory\$year$$month$$day$***************.log/

s/\\server\directory\$year$$month$$day$\w\d+\w\d+\w\d+.log/

s/\\server\directory\$year$$month$$day$\w\d\d\d\d\d\d\w\d\d\w\d\d\d\d.log/

From my understanding, * can be used as wildcards, \w can be used for special characters (in my case, an underscore), and \d (and \d+) can be used in place of any digit from 0-9.

I'm curious why any of my attempts at using these variables are unsuccessful. Please let me know if you have any input on what I could be doing wrong. Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: SiteScope LogFile Monitor

Jump to solution

Hi Chpa,

I hope you are doing well.

In this moment is not possible to use a regex in the name of a monitor, the only variables you can use is for a date like $year$.

Best Regards,

Gunnar López
Micro Focus Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Chpa,

I hope you are doing well.

In this moment is not possible to use a regex in the name of a monitor, the only variables you can use is for a date like $year$.

Best Regards,

Gunnar López
Micro Focus Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thank you for clarifying.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.