Highlighted
Established Member.. Terry.Summers
Established Member..

Sitescope 10 FTP Monitor

Jump to solution
Hi all, I've just gone through the upgrade of sitescope from V7.9.5 to V10. Not a small task.

We have an FTP monitor that would monitor for changes in a log file and if it changed it would send us the new log file.
However under sitescope 10 the threshold settings for error and good seem to have changed.
I want it to error only when the contents have changed and good if the contents have not changed.
How do we do this under Sitescope 10?

Thanks in advance.
Tel
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sergey Popov Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Sitescope 10 FTP Monitor

Jump to solution
I have tried to recreate the problem on clean install of 10.00 and 10.11 and I keep getting it all right - error (see ftp_1000.jpg attached) on first run after change, good on consequent runs.

Maybe, something got messed up in persistency during the upgrade process...

Can you create a new FTP monitor with the same parameters and run it?
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi, Terry.

Congratulations on (mostly) successful upgrade!

Have you tried FTP Monitor Settings -> Advanced FTP Settings -> Check for content changes -> Compare to last contents option?
Established Member..

Jump to solution
I have indeed. That was how the monitor was originally setup and it worked fine under V7.9.5.
However under Sitescope 10 it is sending the log file every time it runs as opposed to if the content has changed.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I have tried to recreate the problem on clean install of 10.00 and 10.11 and I keep getting it all right - error (see ftp_1000.jpg attached) on first run after change, good on consequent runs.

Maybe, something got messed up in persistency during the upgrade process...

Can you create a new FTP monitor with the same parameters and run it?
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

FTP monitoring for anonymous logon. 

I want to monitor a FTP which asks no credential as the customer site  permit anonymous logon. but i am unable to monitor this FTP as user name and password is a madatory marked filed.

Can you suggest how to move ahead with it.

Thanks

Sushobhita Mishra

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.