Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
andre ramsay_1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sitescope 10 URL Sequence

Jump to solution
URL sequence works when I use the URL Sequence tool to test. But when I try to setup the monitor itself, Step 1 fails because it is "missing form button".
Step 1 is just a URL lookup, Step 2 is the login to the form itself.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. bighead337 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Sitescope 10 URL Sequence

Jump to solution
This is a known issue with Sitescope 10 URL sequence monitor. Do you have patch SIS_00018 installed?

Here's the KB link. http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM722405
20 Replies
Absent Member.. krishnarajapant Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Hi ,

Are you providing the crendentials at the Login step in sitescope..?

You can use HTML view at evet step to know wether you are getting the proper page or not.

-Krishna Rajapantula.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Yes...I provide the login credentials in the post data field in step 2:
User_name:xxx
Password:xxx
Why would it say missing form in Step 1 though if the form doesn't come until step two?
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Are you getting the proper expected page in step1..? Earlier this monitor was working or just now you started creating this monitor..?

Also check any proxy you need to use at that step..?

If it is old monitor and it is not working now then check any changes are there from application end and try to create new url sequence monitor and compare with existing one.

-Krishna Rajapantula.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Always better thing is that try to open that url manually in that sitescop server if you are able to open that url manually with out any issues ideally you can able to create monitor in that sitescope.

Aslo check if you are providing proxy to open that url manually in that sitescope server then you should use proxy in the monitor also.

-Krishna Rajapantula.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
If i have just step 1 (URL) by itself to check the URL, it works. But the minute I add step 2 (FORM) to login using the credentials in the post data field, and match content "Login" it fails stating that its missing the form in step 1....but step 1 has no form.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Ok. After step 1 what are all you are seeing in form. You are able to see anything in the forms related to login button. Can you please attach the snapshot after step 1 what are all you are getting. in jpg format.

-Krishna Rajapantula.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I have attached what I have for step 2.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Hi,

What ever you selected is correct. Are you gettin any authentication window apart from that login window. If so you need to provide those crdentials also in Authentication section.

-Krishna Rajapantula.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
No other authentication. No matter what I try, it wont get past this error. 😞 . Does it matter what the "Post data encoding" is set to? I am running out of options...All i wan the system to do is:
1. check a URL
2. log into that page from step 1
3. Pull an image on the page that is viewable after login from step 2.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Hi,

no it should not be a matter.

Try with this option. Try to login to that application manually and login to that application and copy the url from the browser after logging in to that applicaiton and use that in step2 by selecting the url instead of login form. Make sure that you are providing the credentials same as earlier.

-Krishna Rajapantula.
Highlighted
Absent Member.. bighead337 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
This is a known issue with Sitescope 10 URL sequence monitor. Do you have patch SIS_00018 installed?

Here's the KB link. http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM722405
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Thanks a lot for sharing this patch.

-Krishna.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Don't think i have the patch....stand by and i'll install and let you know....(fingers crossed)
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
says i can't access that URL....can you attach it to this forum?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.