emgperez Contributor.
Contributor.

Sitescope 9.50 and secure LDAP

One of our LDAP servers has been recently upgraded to Windows Server 2016 and that means the old LDAP monitor stopped working, since the server won't accept non-SSL LDAP connections.

I've tried changing the monitor to use "ldaps://" and bind to port 636 instead of just "ldap://", but it fails again and again. Port 636, which is secure LDAP port (correct me if I'm wrong) is open.

Error message reads like this:

Not able to authenticate this user. javax.naming.AuthenticationNotSupportedException (when connecting to "ldap://myserver")

Not able to authenticate this user. javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: myserver:636 (when either connecting to "ldaps://myserver" or "ldaps://myserver:636")

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Sitescope 9.50 and secure LDAP

Hi,

This sounds like a TLS version incompatability.  I expect LDAPS on Win 2016 would only support the latest or later versions of TLS, and SIS 9.5 is very old so probably only supports older versions of TLS.

Regards,

Tim

0 Likes
Highlighted
emgperez Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Sitescope 9.50 and secure LDAP

Thanks Tim.

As you say, it may be a TLS issue. I'll have it checked.

Thanks again.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.