hp4u Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Sitescope Question - disable all the alerts in sitescope

Hi All,

I want to disable all the alerts in sitescope for migration purpose , how should I disable it at global level and enable it.

Goal is I don't want to trigger false alert  while importing configuration from another sitescope instance.

Regards,
hp4u
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Sitescope Question - disable all the alerts in sitescope

Hi hp4u,

I didn't find a way to disable all alerts only,
but there is the option
 _suspendMonitors=true
in master.config

If you add this, or set it to true
(it might "_suspendMonitors=" or "_suspendMonitors=false" or not be there)
followed by a Sitescope restrart,
no monitor will be started, and thus no alert will be generated.

Perhaps this does the trick?
Stop Sitescope, import the configuration, enable "_suspendMonitors, start SiteScope, check?

Greetings
Siggi

Customer Support
Micro Focus

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Super Contributor.. Charles L. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: Sitescope Question - disable all the alerts in sitescope

Another option to consider.

You can use GSAR (Global Search and Replace) to change all the alerts into "disabled". Once the migration is done, you cna use GSAR again to change all the alerts into "enabled".

However, this would also replace all those disabled alerts that you wanted to disable all along into enabled.

Cheers,

Charles L.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.